• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Vacuum/Boost Leak - Need HELP!

Started by derfdog15, March 06, 2017, 10:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Hmm i'd be surprised if the Cans were bad (do you mean the cans on the turbo?)  If they were you normally should get a code (AJP? comfirm?) when the ECU command XX but only registers XX lbs.

if you mean the spider (the bypass valve / actuator)... a bunch of places  has a replacement unit for 35$  **BUT** i'd wager the Hoses are bad before the unit.  if you have a lift its super easy trace them and check them  or just ouright replace them for 15$ and then secure them with something more stout.

https://www.1aauto.com/turbocharger-bypass-valve-solenoid-ford-oem-bl3z-9k378-a/i/fdzmx00010
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-solenoid-valve-bl3z9k378a

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Ryan02Stang

Still haven't figured it out and haven't found a leak anywhere.  IAT temps look normal I believe.  I got around to taking a datalog, and it looks like the boost is short of what is being commanded and the wastegate is always near 100% during full throttle.

Datalog attached
2015 Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, Unleashed
2002 Mustang GT, Vortech Supercharged

Ryan02Stang

I've replaced the boost control solenoid and inspected the vacuum lines and still having the same issue.  Checked the BOV's, cleaned the MAP and IAT sensors and also didn't fix anything.

Looking at my datalogs I'm mostly only seeing 4-11psi, with the car commanding 14.5psi of boost.  Very surprised I've not gotten a low boost code.

Wastegate % is 100 for almost my entire datalog when under full throttle. 

Still going to keep messing with it, but I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point.
2015 Explorer Sport

ZSHO

FWIW check the wastegate Hose that leads from the Boost reference solenoid,which then feeds to the rear turbo actuator I believe! I don't have PICS @ the moment but might be worth while to inspect that particular hose in question!  Z 

Highlighted in Red!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

It's hard to imagine both actuators having an issue, but I would confirm that they are working properly, since there is no leak topside.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Ryan02Stang

Quote from: ZSHO on August 06, 2018, 12:30:25 PM
FWIW check the wastegate Hose that leads from the Boost reference solenoid,which then feeds to the rear turbo actuator I believe! I don't have PICS @ the moment but might be worth while to inspect that particular hose in question!  Z
I've checked that hose as best as I could and didn't see any issues with it, but it is a hard one to see.  I followed the hose from the solenoid to the T-fitting that then split to each actuator.  Both appear ok from what I can see, but I did not remove them to inspect.  I did confirm they are connected to the actuators.
2015 Explorer Sport

Ryan02Stang

Quote from: SHOdded on August 06, 2018, 12:30:31 PM
It's hard to imagine both actuators having an issue, but I would confirm that they are working properly, since there is no leak topside.
Right!  I'd be completely shocked that both actuators would go bad at the same time.

How do you confirm they are working properly?  Just see if you can reach them and move the arm freely?
2015 Explorer Sport

SHOdded

yes, the linkages should move freely.  And the wastegate should actually full close and open.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Ryan02Stang

Quote from: SHOdded on August 06, 2018, 12:38:31 PM
yes, the linkages should move freely.  And the wastegate should actually full close and open.
I'll give it a try.  One on the back side looks like a pain in the butt to get to!

Thanks!
2015 Explorer Sport

Gurujeffro

I know it's been awhile but I'm having the same issues with my vehicle. Did you ever figure out the issue?

StinkinLinkin13

Nothing like 6 page dead end threads with no solution or update posted. 🤦‍♂️
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

Macgyver

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on September 04, 2021, 01:38:06 PM
Nothing like 6 page dead end threads with no solution or update posted. 🤦‍♂️

I was betting on the WG orange gasket but it would be nice to hear back from this one.

StinkinLinkin13

Was the case for me. 2nd one too. But for some reason this one by the firewall was being tricky. It wasn't as obvious as the front when it blew.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -