• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Issues with '14 Sport

Started by Docholliday01, March 03, 2017, 05:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Docholliday01

We have had our Sport now for a little over 3 years now, Bought new in September of 2013.  We bought the platinum warranty through Ford for 5yrs/65k miles.  As of today we have about 44k miles on it.  Since then we have had numerous problems relating mostly to the interior of the vehicle.  So far the passenger side dvd player had quit working twice (finally fixed under warranty), the shifter was replaced because it wasnt reading right when it was in park and would not let you turn it off.  One of the screens on the dash quite working and had to be reprogrammed.  At about 40k miles the door panel on the passenger side started pealing away at the top near the lock, (was told this was not covered by the extended warranty).  The headlights get condensation in them sometimes when driving in the rain.  The touch screen is slow.  The hood was replaced under warranty because of corrosion bubbles all the way around the lip of the hood.  The trans jerks/lunges badly on cold mornings, but not all the time, which is frustrating.  I really want to like the vehicle as it is fun to drive and gets awesome mileage but I'm not real confident that it is going to hold up over the next few years.  The worst part of the whole thing has been the way the dealerships have treated me/the vehicle.  It was purchased outside of either of the two towns/cities I have lived in and the dealerships I have had to work with since purchasing it have ranged from flat out terrible to less that satisfactory.  They seem to have the "if you would have bought it from us we would care" attitude.  Nearly every one of these issues has a long drawn out story that I could go on about but I will spare you guys.  Has anyone else had these issues/experiences?
2014 Ruby Red Explorer Sport

SHOdded

Experience with Ford dealerships can unfortunately be a mixed bag.  As the saying goes, we hear more about the bad than the good :)  There are definitely good dealerships out there, and I think if they cared, they would not care whether the customer purchased from them or not.  The longterm view always keeps future service & sales in mind.

Still in Topeka, KS?  Have you tried Laird Noller Ford?  A fallback is going to a Lincoln dealership (preferably standalone), but they are relatively scarce.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Docholliday01

We are still near Topeka.  Laird Noller was one of them we tried early on. It was raining one day when I noticed the headlights had moisture in them.  I stopped in and asked them to take a look at them.  I don't remember who I spoke to but I was told that they would have to take photo's of the lights and submit it to Ford.  I said that was fine and they told me that he was out to lunch.  I said to him "there isn't anyone else here that can take pictures of headlights"? He then went rambling on about specific angles to show the moisture in the headlight.  He told me it would be about an hour and a half wait so I left.   

SHOdded

Any of these dealers a possibility?
http://www.dealerrater.com/directory/66608/Ford/

I usually cross-check with Yelp and Repairpal to see if it matches up, as dealerrater is rather "optimistic" LOL.

There's another Laird Noller dealership, in Lawrence, KS.  They seem to have outstanding reviews compared to Laird Noller Ford.
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Laird-Noller-Automotive-review-20023/
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

OP, what you are missing here is perspective...

You walked in with no appointment. In a place that runs on appointments and efficient scheduling with a non emergency. Did you expect they should stop working on someone's car, who actually has an appointment, to work on your car?

It is not as simple as taking a pic. Do you want Ford to cover it? If so, high quality pics are essential to getting these types of things covered especially when dealing with light and moisture. A work order has to be created, interior items have to be covered, vin and mileage have to be ascertained. I bet you ate lunch that day, doesn't the guy taking pictures deserve lunch as well?

Your experience and their response about the pics are 100% correct. The guy was telling you the truth and you blew off his response. Just because you think something should be simple doesn't make it so, and this goes double when dealing with FoMoCO warranties.

My suggestion is to pick up the phone, talk to the advisor about your concern, and make an appointment. I bet if you work with them, they will work with you as well. I suspect they will try to find 30 minutes to handle your concern properly and get the ball rolling ASAP.

Docholliday01

Actually it was a drive in service bay.  Do I expect them to drop everything and fix my lights right then?  Of course not.  Are you telling me that a service manager or many other techs there can't ta photo's with a DSLR?  As you might know moisture inside of headlights isn't necessarily something you can just replicate at the drop of a hat.  I simply wanted it to be documented.  I know what its like to deal with them on a warrantied Item (Hood).  Ford was relatively good about the claim, It was again the dealership (different one) that soured the process.  Originally they were going to fix a small chip in the windshield (that they offered to fix due to it being covered by our platinum warranty), but ended up turning the chip into a 3in crack and told me that my insurance should cover getting fixed.  That turned into a nearly 3 month argument with the dealership until the finally fixed it.  As far as "deserving lunch" myself and my co-workers have missed many meal breaks at work due to being busy, it wasn't the end of the world.

oks10

Quote from: Docholliday01 on March 03, 2017, 05:41:24 PM
We have had our Sport now for a little over 3 years now, Bought new in September of 2013.  We bought the platinum warranty through Ford for 5yrs/65k miles.  As of today we have about 44k miles on it.  Since then we have had numerous problems relating mostly to the interior of the vehicle.  So far the passenger side dvd player had quit working twice (finally fixed under warranty), the shifter was replaced because it wasnt reading right when it was in park and would not let you turn it off.  One of the screens on the dash quite working and had to be reprogrammed.  At about 40k miles the door panel on the passenger side started pealing away at the top near the lock, (was told this was not covered by the extended warranty).  The headlights get condensation in them sometimes when driving in the rain.  The touch screen is slow.  The hood was replaced under warranty because of corrosion bubbles all the way around the lip of the hood.  The trans jerks/lunges badly on cold mornings, but not all the time, which is frustrating.  I really want to like the vehicle as it is fun to drive and gets awesome mileage but I'm not real confident that it is going to hold up over the next few years.  The worst part of the whole thing has been the way the dealerships have treated me/the vehicle.  It was purchased outside of either of the two towns/cities I have lived in and the dealerships I have had to work with since purchasing it have ranged from flat out terrible to less that satisfactory.  They seem to have the "if you would have bought it from us we would care" attitude.  Nearly every one of these issues has a long drawn out story that I could go on about but I will spare you guys.  Has anyone else had these issues/experiences?
I know this is WAY late in the game but the door panel issue is a recall item now. We just took our 14 in (parking mechanism broke somehow) and they replaced both the drivers and passengers top door panel. Ours peeled up last year and our dealer just did their best trying to glue it back down. Couldn't have been but a few weeks later and we got the recall letter in the mail... Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk