• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Why I traded in the Meth Injected 2010..

Started by StealBlueSho, April 15, 2018, 10:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

I have been getting a lot of questions...  I will answer in them in due time. But that car was wore out...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

Quote from: BJSHO on April 15, 2018, 10:40:23 AM
I have been getting a lot of questions...  I will answer in them in due time. But that car was wore out...
We all gotta do what we gotta do.  I faced the same questions when I traded in my STSV for my SHO.  Fact was it was starting to nickle and dime me and they gave me a trade in value I could not pass up.

Glad to have you in the 13+ crowd, knowing your penchant for mods I looks forward for learning from your endeavors and making my mods easier! :laughing1:
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

The 2010 had a stuck injector under full boost while spraying meth... afterwards the car had a nasty bottom end knock...

But in short the car was going to need the following this year..

PTU: It was starting to leak..most likely needed to be replaced.
Motor: See first comment.. was going to need a rebuild or replacement
Turbos: both were leaking substantially, and needed replacement
Torque Converter: It was burned relatively badly, it would no longer lock under WOT in third gear and beyond.
VCT Sensor: It was flaky and needed to be serviced or there was an electric gremlin somewhere.

I could handle the replacing the torque converter, Turbos, and PTU.. that wasn't a big deal.. but when the motor crapped the bed, and the dealer still offered $12K for it, I couldn't turn that down. The dealer never asked about running condition, nor did they even test drive it. They bought it as is, but with the stipulation I left all the performance parts on it...

In any event, it was ultimately cheaper for me to get into the newer 2016 w/ 7K miles with CPO Warranty at the price they were offering for it at $27K plus my trade in, than it was to replace all the needed parts.

SHOdded

Didn't realize there was a knock issue.  That would certainly make the decision easier.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on April 18, 2018, 12:21:37 PM
Didn't realize there was a knock issue.  That would certainly make the decision easier.

Yup... started after the injector got stuck and flooded the cylinder....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avidmotion

what dealer was that my son looking for great deal on a newer SHO....I in NJ
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: avidmotion on April 18, 2018, 09:11:04 PM
what dealer was that my son looking for great deal on a newer SHO....I in NJ

Ted Britt Ford Chantilly, VA...they are probably one of the top grossing dealers in the US... they move a crap ton of cars... usually have good deals ... they have new SHO's for 10-15K under MSRP right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twintrbskies

BJSHO if you dont mind me asking how many miles did you have on your 2010? And when the injector stuck, how did that initially sound/act?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)