• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2011 Lincoln MKS Twin Turbo AWD - $12k, Houston, TX

Started by 65fastback2+2, February 27, 2017, 01:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65fastback2+2

Quote from: derfdog15 on March 28, 2017, 11:02:47 AM
Anyone know if all my SHO mods will carry over(seem to recall the noismaker being different on the MKS)

I cant think of anything at the moment that wouldnt carry over performance-wise. Its even the same pcm code as a sho.

65fastback2+2

Quote from: SHOdded on March 28, 2017, 04:16:10 AM
Super nice car at a super sweet price!  Practically gift-wrapped for you, all you have to do is say YES YES YES!!!

I'm surprised I still have it. For what it is, its the cheapest one I can find nationally...and how many have an optional ford warranty available with them too?!

65fastback2+2

SHOdded

>:D Gather round ye gawkers, heed these words mine!  Linger not longer, lest this grey demon be lost to a new master! >:D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

65fastback2+2

This is gonna be my final price drop for a good bit. Already taking a bigger hit than I wanted and the wife aint too happy about it hah.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: 65fastback2+2 on April 03, 2017, 11:38:10 AM
This is gonna be my final price drop for a good bit. Already taking a bigger hit than I wanted and the wife aint too happy about it hah.
Maybe keep the car and get rid of the wife then?

I'm gonna be honest, I've had to restrain myself from buying this as its exactly what I'm looking for when its time to get rid of Sparkie.

What sucks is that is about one year out and it would result in 1 more car than we need and a wasted car payment.

So the Ecoboost side of my brain has been battling the responsible side...now that I'm older the responsible side tends to win. But the battle ensues, lol.

Does anyone know if the HD PP cooling parts will bolt on? My tuner says I'm hard on my car, lol.

65fastback2+2

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 03, 2017, 05:16:34 PM

I'm gonna be honest, I've had to restrain myself from buying this as its exactly what I'm looking for when its time to get rid of Sparkie.

What sucks is that is about one year out and it would result in 1 more car than we need and a wasted car payment.

So the Ecoboost side of my brain has been battling the responsible side...now that I'm older the responsible side tends to win. But the battle ensues, lol.

Does anyone know if the HD PP cooling parts will bolt on? My tuner says I'm hard on my car, lol.

Ya, I get that...but these also arent the easiest to find either. Pretty rare.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: 65fastback2+2 on April 03, 2017, 05:28:35 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 03, 2017, 05:16:34 PM

Ya, I get that...but these also arent the easiest to find either. Pretty rare.
I know and I also know nothing I want is ever available at the right time so I might just have to suck it up.

Gonna talk to the better half about it tonight for the second time.

I've never made an out of state purchase so I have no idea what the process is.

If I purchase the warranty, there will also be a tranfer fee IIRC?

65fastback2+2

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 03, 2017, 05:34:13 PM

I know and I also know nothing I want is ever available at the right time so I might just have to suck it up.

Gonna talk to the better half about it tonight for the second time.

I've never made an out of state purchase so I have no idea what the process is.

If I purchase the warranty, there will also be a tranfer fee IIRC?

Warranty is tied to the vin...I'll see if they have an official transfer process, but I kind of doubt it.

Contact your local DMV for what they require for out of state. Some require an extra piece of paper, some dont, some require a mileage verification "inspection" by the local sheriff and some dont.

FoMoCoSHO

Heading out in a bit to figure out how this works.

As far as transferring the funds, do we just use our banks as the middle man?

I'm guessing my bank tells your bank the funds are allocated, car and title shipped then funds transferred upon arrival?

Looks like 550 to ship open and 850 covered....not sure covered makes sense for an $11000 car.

65fastback2+2

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 04, 2017, 10:20:12 AM

I'm guessing my bank tells your bank the funds are allocated, car and title shipped then funds transferred upon arrival?

Looks like 550 to ship open and 850 covered....not sure covered makes sense for an $11000 car.

Usually banks wont be that involved as they dont want the liability as an escrow agent.

Typically what I do is retain part of the vehicle until payment is in full. For example, you arrange shipping, on day of pickup, you provide half the amount as a deposit, once it is confirmed picked up, you send the other half, once I have confirmed all money has fully cleared, I overnight the title via fed ex.

Theres other ways, thats just one example.

65fastback2+2

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 04, 2017, 10:20:12 AM

Also, fyi for the warranty transfer process:

11A. TRANSFERABILITY: You may transfer the remaining coverage of the Vehicle
under this Agreement, if You pay Us a $75 transfer fee and if You or the transferee
of this Agreement initiates the transfer process and provides the following items to
any Ford or Lincoln dealership or Us at P.O. Box 6045, Dearborn, Michigan 48121
within 180 days of the vehicle sale:
(i) a letter, signed by You, transferring this Agreement to the transferee;
(ii) a statement of the mileage on the Vehicle at the time of transfer; and
(iii) the name and address of the transferee;
You may not transfer coverage if the Vehicle becomes a Branded Vehicle or is
repossessed. Transferred Agreements may not be cancelled.

FoMoCoSHO

What is the expiration date of the warranty and what deductible?

FoMoCoSHO