• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Flitz Polishing Paste - Getting Back in Touch with an Old Friend

Started by MiWiAu, February 26, 2017, 06:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

Years ago I discovered a miracle product, IMHO. Occasionally, I go some time without using it, then run into a job where I wonder..."where's old Flitz?"

Flitz Metal, Plastic and Fiberglass Polish Paste in 1.76-Ounce Blister Tube https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MUSOW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_P11SybMT2TEXT

Today was one of those days. I have my 20" wheels in the basement, waiting for nicer weather so I can swap out the winter set. One of my OE wheels in particular is (was) badly oxidized - both the black paint and the machined highlights. I found old Flitz hanging out in a drawer collecting dust, and decided to do some spot treating to see if there was any hope in rescuing my poor wheel. Here are a few before/after pictures of a couple particularly bad spots.

BEFORE

AFTER

You can see the obvious spots on the highlights where I stopped polishing, and the "after" black paint photo really doesn't do it justice. I've used this stuff on paint, plastic lenses, aluminum, and chrome.

Just thought I'd share, since this stuff never ceases to amaze me. Hint: the 2" polishing ball for your electric drill makes the job go much quicker. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

pmezo33

Never heard of this stuff, but i'm getting some.  Any recommendations for a polishing ball that works well with this product?

MiWiAu

Quote from: pmezo33 on February 26, 2017, 10:31:37 PM
Never heard of this stuff, but i'm getting some.  Any recommendations for a polishing ball that works well with this product?

I used the polishing ball also offered by Flitz. They have a 2" which is nice for wheels or detailed areas. I believe they also have a larger one for big areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport