• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Rear Fender Thingy

Started by L1gerZero, February 18, 2017, 05:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L1gerZero

So does anyone have this same issue? Where the piece right in front of the rear wheels starts to bow out and separate? If anyone know what to do to fix it i'd appreciate the info/pictures if you have them ;D
2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0 AWD

SHOdded

No clue how to fix without a new piece going in, but I think I have the R&R method in the attached document.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

derfdog15

I have less than 15k on my 2015 but the same fit/finish you show. I asked a dealer and was told it is normal.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

bpd1151

Shodded, do you think FMC purposely made this piece on the newest Gen's, to avoid all those rusty dog legs of previous Gen's?

As in, that piece being a completely separate, replaceable item out right, would avert such issues of past decades?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Good point, Mike, no idea to be frank.  Haven't seen rust really be an issue on cars built since at least 2007, so there's proof of improvement in materials since the 80s/90s.  I have however seen cases of late model cars with perforating rust at the hood ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J-Will

I asked the same thing when I first bought the car; we walked the lot to the Taurus section and saw that they are all like that. 
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

COMpulse

I swear mine wasn't doing that until the latest recall on the fuel pump module.

But the guy at the dealer said they don't take that piece off to get to it, so I guess it's natural. 

:-\

2013 SHO pp

L1gerZero

Peeking in there with a flashlight it looks like I can see some 3M tape. Maybe one of the monkeys used it as a step stool or something when they were repairing something and the weather changes are making it worse.
2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0 AWD

ZSHO

I purchased my SHO brand new back on 8/13 with 2 miles on the OD and would not worry IMO just sit back and enjoy the SHO. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|