• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTU Drain plug installation?

Started by jimmyducati, March 04, 2017, 01:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on March 17, 2017, 05:51:46 PM
If you install the PTU vent extension kit, that should accomplish the "fill" requirements.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6849.0.html

Surprising that extension kit is $50+. I took off my old hose and removed the original goretex breather cap and reinstalled it into some 5/16" ID breather hose that I bought (about 2ft). Reinstalled on the OE vent nipple and installed a hose clamp for good measure. Couldn't have cost much more than $5. I then used the extended breather as my PTU "fill tube".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

SHOdded

Convenience costs.  Plus you figure the engineering has already been done, your install is 1 & done.  Plus the kit was issued for vehicles having PTU indigestion, not for all vehicles, so maybe inventory is low?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BlueSHO

I'd love to do a drain on my 16 but I'm afraid it would void my warranty if PTU service is needed..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!