• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

General Sport mode and TC questions

Started by lamrith, March 17, 2017, 11:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

So still learning the this car (loving every minute of it!) and have two questions.

• Does sport mode ONLY change trans tune, or does it also allow/have changes to the engine tune?  My old car (not ford), the sport mode was trans only, there were no hooks or links for ECU changes, so you could not say have "D" be normal mellow tune and then sport mode jacked timing, changed boost curves, throttle curve, etc..  Is it possible to have a tune so that the car is mellow in D "Dr Jekyl"(lower boost and timing, maybe more economical tuning) and sport mode be "Mr Hyde" (high boost/timing/pwr, no regard for MPG)??  Obviously tune would need to be set per planned octane and mods..
  • TC levels:  My old car (again not ford) had 3 levels of TC; full TC, "tc off"( one quick press of TC button: less invasive but still had numerous nannys in place) and then competition mode((long hold or fast double click of TC button: everything turned off)  I searched the internet a bit about the SHO and saw things saying the PP cars like mine had additional options for TC versus the non PP?  However I am seeing conflicting information on how to activate the different modes, can anyone share the various TC options for a '13+ PP car and how to activate each one?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

FoMoCoSHO

Single press = TC OFF

Double tap with brakes applied = TC off and higher thresholds for AdvanceTrak (Sport Mode)

Button held with brakes applied for 5 sec = TC and AdvanceTrak off

lamrith

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 17, 2017, 12:01:21 PM
Single press = TC OFF

Double tap with brakes applied = TC off and higher thresholds for AdvanceTrak (Sport Mode)

Button held with brakes applied for 5 sec = TC and AdvanceTrak off
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.  I just went and tried it and figured I would share what I saw from dash so if someone else searches all the info is here..
This is for 2013 Sho w/PP

• Single press = TC OFF: TC off light in lower right of Dash activates. "Traction control off" window pops up in left Dash window.

• Double tap with brakes applied = TC off and higher thresholds for AdvanceTrak (Sport Mode): TC off light in lower right of Dash activates. "AdvanceTrak Sport Mode" window pops up in left Dash window. 

• Button held with brakes applied for 5 sec = TC and AdvanceTrak off: TC off light in bottom right of dash flashes, AdvanceTrak off window pops up in left Dash window.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.