• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Do you guys do car audio? If so I need assistance

Started by Jasonz28camaro, February 24, 2017, 11:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasonz28camaro

My wife's car "go to forum" doesn't have many technically knowledgeable people as members and you guys have been great in the past with another issue so maybe you could help on this too.

I hooked up a high low converter in my wifes 2014 Explorer sport with the sony 12 speaker system the other day and I went off the left and right rear speakers after the factory amp to run my aftermarket amp and sub. I do not really like how it sounds and I wanted to try to go off the sub harness wires after the amp instead. My problem is its a dual voice sub and has 4 wires. I do not know what wires are what and i cannot find a diagram anywhere to save my life.

my converter has left and right speaker hookups 4 wires total. Need to know were to put the left +/- and right +/-.

The sub wires coming out of the amp are:
Yellow
Green with purple stripe
Grey
Purple
All are solid except the green / purple. Seems strange to me.

I have seen some of the F-150/F-250s hooked up this way but they seem to have different color wires then mine.

glock-coma

This is from a 2010 sho but the wiring colors match up.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Jasonz28camaro

Quote from: glock-coma on February 24, 2017, 11:42:13 PM
This is from a 2010 sho but the wiring colors match up.

Thanks. I just saw another diagram from an edge that looks like what you posted but I'm unfamiliar with the dual voice subs. I'm still unsure how to hook up my left and right wires off the converter to the 4 wires off the amp for the sub.

See link below for diagram that matches your table, its the second image if you scroll down. To me it looks like two subs but its just the wiring and I cannot wrap my head around it for some reason.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/10636-audio-wiring-diagram-for-2011-edge-wsony-12-speaker-nav/

Lexingtonian

Quote from: Jasonz28camaro on February 24, 2017, 11:35:27 PM
My wife's car "go to forum" doesn't have many technically knowledgeable people as members and you guys have been great in the past with another issue so maybe you could help on this too.

I hooked up a high low converter in my wifes 2014 Explorer sport with the sony 12 speaker system the other day and I went off the left and right rear speakers after the factory amp to run my aftermarket amp and sub. I do not really like how it sounds and I wanted to try to go off the sub harness wires after the amp instead. My problem is its a dual voice sub and has 4 wires. I do not know what wires are what and i cannot find a diagram anywhere to save my life.

my converter has left and right speaker hookups 4 wires total. Need to know were to put the left +/- and right +/-.

The sub wires coming out of the amp are:
Yellow
Green with purple stripe
Grey
Purple
All are solid except the green / purple. Seems strange to me.

I have seen some of the F-150/F-250s hooked up this way but they seem to have different color wires then mine.

Did this not resolve your issue sir?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/tapping-into-sub-wires.459370/#post-3606776
2016 Explorer Sport Metallic
93 Octane AJP Tune (SCT X4)
3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030