• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Edgewater Sports Park Drag Test and Tune (March 4th!)

Started by derfdog15, February 24, 2017, 11:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

f8tlSHO

I'm gonna mount my phone in the car somewhere to make sure it's on video. He has several fast cars, from slowest to fastest Mercedes m63 amg, Pontiac g8, 13gt mustang, Mercedes amg e55. I just have an old man car he is afraid to race.. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: f8tlSHO on March 03, 2017, 03:06:56 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on March 03, 2017, 02:54:02 PM
Quote from: f8tlSHO on March 03, 2017, 02:00:12 PM
I called out my plant manager here at work.. 13 5.0 mustang 6 spd. Makes 400/400 to the tire..plus a 75 shot. The car is faster than mine, but he never drove a stick car at the track..

I bet that's actually a hell of a race...if he is perfect i say he wins....but my money is on you....I guarantee he will miss a shift if its stock shifter.....the radials have me worried...if he is good he can launch with you

The shifter in the stang sucks bad...the nice thing about your auto is how it accelerates through the gear and you never lift....he will pull harder than you but have a big disruption in momentum when he shifts

EFF his rustang or moosestang or whatever he calls it...donkey?
Not a stock shifter, I'm gonna toast him off the line...just gotta be able to hold the line long enough once I get the jump. I thought about taking some weight out, but I'd rather race full street weight

Screw pulling your interior, blend up to E30 and throw a bunch of spark at it.

f8tlSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 03, 2017, 11:45:54 PM
I called out my plant manager here at work.. 13 5.0 mustang 6 spd. Makes 400/400 to the tire..plus a 75 shot. The car is faster than mine, but he never drove a stick car at the track..

I bet that's actually a hell of a race...if he is perfect i say he wins....but my money is on you....I guarantee he will miss a shift if its stock shifter.....the radials have me worried...if he is good he can launch with you

The shifter in the stang sucks bad...the nice thing about your auto is how it accelerates through the gear and you never lift....he will pull harder than you but have a big disruption in momentum when he shifts

Not a stock shifter, I'm gonna toast him off the line...just gotta be able to hold the line long enough once I get the jump. I thought about taking some weight out, but I'd rather race full street weight

Does it make more power? Have you had yours on the dyno?

E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: f8tlSHO on March 04, 2017, 06:49:38 AM

No dyno, but there is a noticeable difference.I have to run in track mode now because the car just rapes sport mode. Power everywhere and she never feels like she runs out of breath.

Our ECM calculates torque all day long, all you need is a functioning DMR and it will tell you about it. Unlike a dyno I can graph my power curve with the other 39 pids and DMR's.

f8tlSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 04, 2017, 11:47:37 AM

No dyno, but there is a noticeable difference.I have to run in track mode now because the car just rapes sport mode. Power everywhere and she never feels like she runs out of breath.

Our ECM calculates torque all day long, all you need is a functioning DMR and it will tell you about it. Unlike a dyno I can graph my power curve with the other 39 pids and DMR's.
Yeah that dmr thing would be awesome, but for whatever reason (my fault or the something else) can't get it to work. I think if everyone used the torque dmr, we could really figure out what the best way to make power is by comparing everyone's results..
Do u check your ethanol content coming from the pump? I just ordered a tester, wanna make sure I have all the power I can get when I race this mustang.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: f8tlSHO on March 04, 2017, 11:52:14 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 04, 2017, 11:47:37 AM

Yeah that dmr thing would be awesome, but for whatever reason (my fault or the something else) can't get it to work. I think if everyone used the torque dmr, we could really figure out what the best way to make power is by comparing everyone's results..
Do u check your ethanol content coming from the pump? I just ordered a tester, wanna make sure I have all the power I can get when I race this mustang.

I completely agree, the ECM would be our best apples to apples torque comparison, along with timeslips.

I don't check E content. My supplier is very consistent and log data can tell a lot, like if you screw your blend calculation. Sometimes playing fast and loose can lead to positive developments.  :)

f8tlSHO

[/quote]
I completely agree, the ECM would be our best apples to apples torque comparison, along with timeslips.

I don't check E content. My supplier is very consistent and log data can tell a lot, like if you screw your blend calculation. Sometimes playing fast and loose can lead to positive developments.  :)
[/quote]
Well I am no log expert by any means, I would love to learn more but I just don't have the time to dedicate to it. Between work and life with a 5 year old who is starting sports and a 2 year old, not much left

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: f8tlSHO on March 04, 2017, 12:21:07 PM

[/quote]
Well I am no log expert by any means, I would love to learn more but I just don't have the time to dedicate to it. Between work and life with a 5 year old who is starting sports and a 2 year old, not much left

[/quote]
No worries, that's why you've got Brad.

DerricksSho

I just ordered a inline E content gaug, ive got to make up a fuel line but im going to install it up front. Ive got the calculator on my phone but would like to know if im off and what is going in my engine. Has anyone else used this type of in line I know AEM sell a kit too
BrewCityBoost tuned,3 Bar, LMS thermostat
CAI M-Design upgraded stock turbo's
LMS down pipes (Catless) 3" Custom exhaust
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!

f8tlSHO

Well , my plant manager took out a cam while racing an sti in his ml63...the 13' mustangs clutch is squeaking ( I think he is afraid to lose to a grandpa car). So at this point I'm gonna race his g8... we will see if he even shows up..