• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How to install center speaker gauge pod

Started by crash712us, July 28, 2013, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash712us

I figured it was about time to move some of this information over here as well as add some more info as well.

Well you got yourself a new pod from myself, first of all thank you! And to all those before you that helped make this project a reality.

1st installing and aligning faceplate and gauges. The faceplate in merely held in place by gauges, the faceplate does not sit flat against the pod but on a slight angle. whats important that bottom edge of faceplate be even with the bottom edge of pod.

Now one by one you can begin inserting gauges into pod. All pod are test fitted with gauges and adjusted to make sure everything fits together as it should.

Once you have all 3 gauges installed you can begin affixing gauge to pod, with the provide hardware from whomever you purchased your gauges from.
You have to trim there supplied mounting strap or cups until they give the appropriate fit. Note! do not over tighten as this will distort and bend faceplate. I found using loctite useful to keep fasteners secure.

Mounting clips. NOTE: this should be the last thing you install, meaning after the gauges and all wiring and everything is installed and functioning correctly. As the mounting tabs are fragile and can broken and not to put them under undo stress of being repeatedly snapped in and unsnapped.

Using a plastic pry tool carefully side tool in between dash and grill there a clips at all four corners.

After removing speaker cover you will transfer white clips to pod.

Used a small screw drive or exacto blade you gent pry the center piece on clip from both sides can clip will come off. NOTE do not loose clips they can not be purchased.

Now just simply transfer to pod along with little blue thing, think its some sort of anti squeak device.

Below is a link to another forum that has more info on installing on car. I will update and migrate over here soon.

begins thread #114
http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/forum/ecoboost-taurus-sho-mks-forum/ecoboost-sho-mks-appearance-detailing/125-gauge-pod

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110