• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Aftermarket wheel pics…

Started by FracaSHO, July 28, 2013, 02:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayskycj

[/quote]I was going with the Konig Unknow myself but they didn't come in 9"wide and at 22lb 20"wheel they are light.
[/quote]

I agree, i have considered that as I would like to have 9" as well.  I need to revisit the thread about spacers.  I believe 1/2" is ok without new studs, I think it is an essential mod since the freakin super duty fenders flare out so damn much.
2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

crash712us

My TWS Nurburgring's Next to my evil twin.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

EcoBrick Bob

From memory, my stock 20" wheels with Goodyear RSA were 63-64 lbs.  The RSA's at TireRack website show 32 lbs so wheels are 31-32lbs which is pretty normal for a 20 x 8" aluminum wheel.

The other issue not really addressed is where the weight is located when going either larger or smaller.  Larger diameter wheels, even with lower profile tires move the rotating mass further away from the center, making it take more energy to speed up and slow down the vehicle.

That's why I went to smaller diameter tires, when I lowered my Flex.  While I too prefer a wheel well that is full of tire, I was willing to have about the same space at the top as stock, and be able to use a 2" smaller diameter tire. My adjusted axle ratio is 7% higher (now 340) and while the engine is running 7% faster RPM, my mileage is no different.  (less energy expelled speeding up and slowing down mass).  On my other set of custom wheels, - ASA AR2's which are 18 x8" and 22 lbs, I run Conti DW's, same diameter as Pilot Super Sports, but different size.  They are down to about 5,000 mi left and have shed an astonishing 4 lbs each of rubber!  They are not as responsive as the Pilots in turn in, and when it was cold out (40 deg) they didn't hook up really well at the strip.  But, haven't had Pilots to the strip so have no comparison as to straight line hookup.  Both sets of tires seem to be good for 30,000 mi.  RSA's  show little wear... but only use them to drive back to IA at Christmas, as they are A/S, and others are only summer tires.

For those that aren't into stripping, and want a good looking light weight wheel to go with stock tires, in my opinion (emphasize opinion) I would be looking at the TSW Nurburgrings. Reason I went with Interlagos is that the other custom wheels I have on my G8's as  well as ASA's  have a mesh style look, and I didn't want 4.   
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

DJE624

I have been pining over these wheels for a while now TSW Tremblant. (they somehow look different here with straighter spokes than my earlier post)

But now, I am also considering these TSW Jerez.

They look kinda funny with stock springs!  LOL

If you all get bored, make some for yourself.
http://www.tsw.com/alloy-wheels-configurator/

Boggus

Back of the PP wheel shows offset as 39.  I have been looking at all black Tremblants also.  Discountire will beat any legit price out there on wheels.
2013 unleashed SHO PP

EcoBrick Bob

If you haven't heard... Discount Tire Direct has a $70.00 off deal on 4 TSW wheels.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

mbehna

So I was looking at these wheels but I am not sure if they will fit on the SHO...

http://bravadowheels.com/wheels/sport/tribute/

Anyone know if the 19x9.5 will have any clearance issues?
2014 SHO
2001 Mustang GT

jomc111

Whats the offset I looked at link didnt say. But I think you will have. A little poke in the front how much iono, hopefully someone a little more knowledgeable in this aspect will chime in
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

QwikSHO

According to carID they won't fit.

bpd1151

9.5's up front may be the only issue. Particularly with turning.

Your rear's will be fine.

There are guys that have run with 9's (width) up front perfectly fine.

Whether or not that addt'l 1/2" will be the threshold, I'm not sure.

Usually fellow EBPF member EcoBrickBob is fairly knowledgeable with tire/rim calculations.

If he doesn't chime in here, then try shooting him a PM with your question(s) and/or product links.

FWIW, there are a TON of websites out there (like carID) that tend to "play it safe" as they have a very limited clue as to what actually fits any particular car.

Take for example my staggered set with 10's in the rear, and 8.5's up front.

They'd automatically tell you that "they don't fit". Which is nonsense.

So take with a grain of salt, w/e a (or any) particular wheel vendor site "says".

mbehna

I figured that someone has tried it... I don't trust info unless it has been actually verified by actually trying. I didn't think the rears would be a problem... I emailed the manufacturer and they have not tried them either. I don't live too far away so I just might pop in there one of these days and have them actually try to mount them and see what happens.

Also I am not even considering going any much wider on the tires...
2014 SHO
2001 Mustang GT

EcoBrick Bob

If you can fit into an eye of a needle.. you could likely get 10's to fit the front.  But... there are many variables, including inside rim thickness etc...  For instance, I am running 9.5 Borbet 17" wheels with Hoosier DR's on my G8... The BMR trailing links cause the inside of the wheel to rub on them.  Stock ones are fine, except I need the better T.R's to  hook up... so.. Why go big on front, unless you need to rotate.

That's why you need to buy  wheels that will actually go on your car... or buy from a reputable source that  guarantees a fit.

mbehna

2014 SHO
2001 Mustang GT

AndrewBarr

Truly aftermarket wheels look superb. Proper wheels are crucial as they can enhance performance, looks and safety of your vehicle. Usually there are two types of wheels available in the market, first stamped sheet metal and second machine casting wheels. However, instead of O.E.M, aftermarket wheels like you can see on iautobodyparts.com remain in great demand as they are available in wide variety at very appropriate price. Really they give elegant and stylish look!

BDayks

Really wanted the nurburgring's but I found some rims&tire I couldn't pass up ! 20" ruffino boss with Goodyear eagle f1 supercar $850.00 (negotiating)