• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Part Throttle Knock

Started by Gray Brick, April 22, 2016, 02:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Gray Brick

Adding a gallon of methanol to my tank removes the part throttle knock.

The knock sensors must be working correctly.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

griggs95

Quote from: Gray Brick on February 22, 2018, 07:16:43 PM
Adding a gallon of methanol to my tank removes the part throttle knock.

The knock sensors must be working correctly.

So you haven't done anything since this post was started? Knock sensors still stock? How many miles on the car since this issue?
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

Gray Brick

Original knock sensors.  The car has been modified in many ways and still knocks on the stock tune.

Again... when I add a gallon of methanol to the tank the part throttle knock goes away.  I am thinking with all of the intake and exhaust mods the fuel might be a little lean on part throttle.
I have discussed it with AJP and he is aware.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

griggs95

Thanks for the updates, my car did something similar last year but i believed it was bad fuel. Returned to stock then it did it again (stumbled). Redid knock sensors with new loom (fuel lines) instead of plastic wire loom and reset KAM and such; am still not certain as to what it was/is.

My car is not modified like yours so not as much to try and figure out. Simple tune and down pipes but its been fine for awhile now. Car is sitting currently though the winter so we'll see soon enough. E-10 fuel has a 3 month shelf life under ideal circumstances before it starts to break down, E-0 is years. I get E-0 so that is what is stored in it now.
2011 pp: lms 91 tune - ppe downs w/ kitties - Amsoiled myself all around - gapped 30 sp plugs - enthused driver, nervous passengers - aem drop in dry filter.

StealBlueSho

The LMS tune gives me RANDOM high part throttle KR every ONCE in a blue moon.. and when I say high I mean +4.. one time event was +6 and my OAR went up... I was worried about it initially but chalked it up to a bad tank off gas. Added a couple gallons of E85 to the mix and it went away...

With AJPTurbo's tune I do not experience part throttle knock more than +1 everyone once in awhile...