• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Muffler delete + downpipes?

Started by Mathiesen1193, February 16, 2017, 07:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathiesen1193

So I'm wondering if anyone has a downpipe and muffler delete combination out there?  I currently have the rear mufflers out and a strait pipe in place, on my 13 SHO, because I wanted some noise without spending too much money. Now that I'm looking at adding dp's I was wondering if the noise would be over the top or not? Just looking for some info if anyone has a similar set-up. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO
Cold air intake
Muffler delete
... more to come

MiWiAu

Quote from: Mathiesen1193 on February 16, 2017, 07:19:27 PM
So I'm wondering if anyone has a downpipe and muffler delete combination out there?  I currently have the rear mufflers out and a strait pipe in place, on my 13 SHO, because I wanted some noise without spending too much money. Now that I'm looking at adding dp's I was wondering if the noise would be over the top or not? Just looking for some info if anyone has a similar set-up. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Pretty sure there are some sound/video clips in the definitive exhaust sound clip thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

metroplex

A guy at the dragstrip ran his 15 SHO without any exhaust past the catted downpipes, and it was stock quiet at idle. At the strip, his car was stock quiet as well.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

dr.dodge

I am currently running a muffler delete with catted downpipes. The sound (noise) is a bit louder but not that different IMO than just having a muffler delete. A muffler delete is already loud and can produce some drone at low rpm. Not sure about catless downpipes, though
-2014 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Every option, BoVs VTA, tuned, MDesign CAI, catted downpipes, muffler delete, NGK Plugs, 160 F T-stat, Alkycontrol Methanol Injection system, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, HIDs and puddle lights.
-Chevrolet Cobalt (Supercharged) Weekend buggy!

metroplex

I'm not too surprised.

For what it is worth, when Ford Racing made the FR500S Mustang, they basically took the Shelby GT but added long tube headers and removed the cats only to gain a whopping 6 hp over the Shelby GT. They had the same engine, cold air intake but ran different X-pipes and mufflers and of course the long tube headers and catless system.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport