• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Intake gaskets

Started by hawkeye93, February 16, 2017, 04:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye93

Does anyone know if the intake gaskets are reusable?  I want to replace my knock sensor, but I need to remove the intake to do it.  Wondering if I can reuse the intake gaskets, or if I need to buy some new ones before I attempt this.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

SHOdded

The manual seems to imply new intake manifold, coolant crossover and thermostat housing gaskets are needed.  This may be because Ford didn't have a "normal" service that requires taking off the manifold.  OTOH, on the Yamaha SHO engines, the intake gaskets are reusable and there are required 60K/100K services on them that require intake removal.  Just a guess as to the reason.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!