• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Heated seats stopped working

Started by Sbouvia, February 13, 2017, 07:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Well I have just had my seats stop working "heated/cooled" when I got in the car I smelled friend electric but it disappeared shortly after getting in thought it may have been outside and the heated seats where still working but then later I had turned them off for a bit and tried turning it back on I didn't hear the relay click.
So I checked here since the car should still be under warranty I'll ha e them look at it since they need to know this is a possible issue with the car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

It sounds like you have a fried pigtail connector! There is a module located  u7nder the driver's front seat towards the front IIRC! Simply raise the seat in the UP position in order to gain access. 
There is also the Heated Driver Seat HVAC Module located Behind the HVAC CONTROLS IN Center Of DASH. Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7439

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

I did read the thread one question did you need to replace the plug again or just the one time?
I'm hoping that Ford replaces the module and plug on warranty I have 300 miles left before the 30k.
Can you spot the wire?
I can

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

Quote from: Gjkrisa on January 05, 2019, 05:40:31 PM
I did read the thread one question did you need to replace the plug again or just the one time?
I'm hoping that Ford replaces the module and plug on warranty I have 300 miles left before the 30k.
Can you spot the wire?
I can

It looks like the BLACK Harness connector! Z

MOTORCRAFT WPT928  -3U2Z14S411ZMB Leads: 12 -Terminal: Tin

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2313448&jsn=22

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,electrical-connector,seat+heater+element+connector,10825

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sbouvia

That looks very familiar to what mine looked like. Since replacing everything (module/wire harness) has been working fine. I suppose I should put the seat in the up position and see if the wires still look ok. The new black wire hookups make it a little difficult to see if it is burnt. If you are going to swap the harness I recommend taking the seat out and placing on a table and then soldering the new connections together. The wires were quite long.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI