• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Heated seats stopped working

Started by Sbouvia, February 13, 2017, 07:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sbouvia

Yes none of them work. No heat no cool on driver or passenger seat.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

ZSHO

If you have extended warranty hopefully it will be covered.
Her's a diagram of the seat and Best of luck to ya.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

All climate controlled seats are inoperative
-------------------------------------------------
Fuse
Wiring, terminals or connectors
I-CAN communication fault
HS-CAN communication fault
MS-CAN communication fault
Dual Climate Controlled Seat Module (DCSM)
APIM
FCIM
FDIM
-------------------------------------------------
VERIFY BJB fuse 28 (30A) is OK. If OK, CARRY OUT the network test using a scan tool and VERIFY network communication of the FCIM and Dual Climate Controlled Seat Module (DCSM). REFER to Section 418-00 to diagnose a module communication or network concern. If OK, CARRY OUT the Dual Climate Controlled Seat Module (DCSM) self-test and RETRIEVE any DTCs. If any DTC is present, REFER to the Dual Climate Controlled Seat Module (DCSM). VERIFY the touchscreen operation. If the touchscreen does not operate correctly, REFER to Section 415-00B or Section 415-00C to diagnose the touchscreen. If OK, INSTALL a new Dual Climate Controlled Seat Module (DCSM). REFER to Dual Climate Controlled Seat Module (DCSM) in this section.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Sbouvia

Well it looks like I need to bring it by the dealer then. That's what I read in the shop manual that they would use a scan tool to read the dtc's if any. It looks like if there are DTC's they start going through pin tests. I think my extended warranty went out at 60k and we are at 71k now. Figures warranty goes away and stuff starts going loopy.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.

SHOdded

You mean powertrain warranty went out at 60K?  That does not cover all this stuff :(  Yeah, it really sucks.  BUT, have you scanned for DTCs with Forscan Lite and a suitable OBD adapter that can do HSCAN and MSCAN buses?  That should pick up any UXXXX codes these modules throw.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

L1gerZero

I had an issue with my a/c seats not working and looking at the paperwork it says they did a pin check and found bad TED. So you can give that a whirl. I believe the whole process cost $320 but I have bumper to bumper warranty so i pay $100 deductible. It doesn't say what it actually cost but I believe it was ~$320. GL
2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0 AWD

Sbouvia

Well today I did a deep clean of inside and out and decided to check the cl ate controlled seats again as well as the seat filter and all the connections below the driver seat. Amazingly after futzing around with the connectors and the filter the damn seats both started working again. Not only did the drivers seat work again but the passenger seat did as well. I saw no loose or bound connectors, however I did see two clips that hold the looms not properly installed so I put those in. Thanks again everyone for all of the great help. I think the next thing I may tackle is the PTU drain which has never been done and we are at 72k. I think I even convinced the wife to let me tap in a drain plug. She seems on board to actually take out PTU to clean it out.

Thanks again.
~Scott

SHOdded

Cool, enjoy those seats!   And good luck with the PTU drain plug.

Sbouvia

So I thought I would resurrect this thread as the heated/cooler seats stopped working again. I got forscan lite and the mx adapter with Bluetooth. I could not get the heated or cooler seats to read or anything with forscan. So we brought it by dealer, they said they could not get their tool to communicate with the dual climate controller seat module so it would need replaced.I think once dealer says module they think they have you cause to replace it I was quoted $985. Because I'm a little savvy and already had removed that controller once I knew it would take at most 30 minutes to remove and replace. I asked for part number and looked up and got it from Tasca Ford for $134 shipped. It amazes me how bad dealer would have hosted me. I'll update once I get part in and if dealer gives me quote like I asked I'll let y'all know if it was parts of labor that made price crazy.
~Scott

SHOdded

Hope the CCM is THE fix.  Is it under the driverside dash or in the center stack?

Sbouvia

Well the part they specified is actually under the seat. 15 in link below

http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/taurus/bu5z14c724a/2013-year/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/body-cat/tracks-and-components-scat/?part_name=module

Putting in links with this stupid tablet sucks. Also talk about some awesome ambiguous descriptions both 14 and 15 are just called modules lol
~Scott

ZSHO

The Module should be under the seat Facing towards the front. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Ok, I was thinking of the HVAC module, obviously not the right "module" LOL.  The seat module is known as the Dual Climate Controlled Seat Module (DCSM).

Sbouvia

Zsho where do you get these amazing pictures from. That is exactly it and it takes all of 30 minutes to get it switched out by unhooking seat rails. There is another module under there as well but they didn't say anything about that one.
~Scott

Sbouvia

So it appears that this module is under the passenger seat. It sounds like a relay as it clicks on when you select stuff on MFT. I replaced it with new one in about 30 minutes. It appears the one wire melted some which caused the pin to heat up and I assume fry the module. So I am not sure which went first module or the wire. Below is a link to the connector which shows a partially melted plug. I did not get a new plug yet, but may try to find one. I'll upload and post link to module, however all the appears is the pin that corresponds to that wire is darker in color. Please someone let me know if link works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zarpwqh3uhbw15e/Photo%20May%2026%2C%206%2032%2030%20PM.jpg?dl=1
~Scott