• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PPE Downpipes Rubbing hole in cover.

Started by polskifacet, February 08, 2017, 10:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polskifacet

Quote from: SHOdded on May 02, 2017, 12:35:15 PM
Nice job!  If there's metal on there tho, maybe coat with some sort of Plastidip or something to retain thermal properties?

What do you mean? I put thermal mat on the inside which reflects radiant heat upto 2000f, the only reason i put the mat there was because i was worried about protecting the surrounding plastic from the heat of the down pipe.

Note: I also used rivet washers so its not only fastened to the plastic as that may widen over time.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SHOdded

Gotcha.  I saw the thermal mat in the first pic, the second pic looked like a metal piece to me hence my comment :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

irondoor19

How about Heat Wrap the Pipes... We Did... and the Belly Pan
is required at high Speed.. Hood shake at the Back is Wicked @ 90 and above
Almost Scary.. so keep it on for sure... We also notice that the pins can loosen up
over time, so we put a SS washer in with the Pin to tighten the loose ones up.
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

You might need hood pins if you decide to investigate deep triple digits anyway, belly pan or not.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

irondoor19

Quote from: SHOdded on June 18, 2017, 12:13:22 PM
You might need hood pins if you decide to investigate deep triple digits anyway, belly pan or not.

Next up on the list of Must do Mods....
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded