• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

20x9's on 4 corners?

Started by bharp555, February 05, 2017, 12:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bharp555

Just need a little help here please. I am looking at getting 20x9's on all 4 corners. So I am thinking the fitment will be 5 on 4.5(114mm) and a 38mm offset?
I want to make sure the offset is correct before I order them.

I have a 2013 non PP SHO

bpd1151

You'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Due post some pics of the new wheels.  :)
What type of tires are you looking run with .? Z
Best of luck to ya. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Usmcsho

20x9 around 35 offset

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2011 Platinum Tricoat Metallic nav, BLIS, backup camera, moonroof, Sony Premium Sound. LIvernois Stage 1 with 3 bar map sensor coming soon

Bharp

Thanks, I am gonna run a 255/35 on them. That's the tire I am running on my flower wheels now.

So if you are running a 35 offset, will the 38 offset push the tire out more or under the car more?
2013 SHO non PP, Livernois V10 tune, Deleted 3rd Cat, K&N drop in air filter.
12.54 best ET
111.96 best MPH

AJP turbo

Quote from: Bharp on February 05, 2017, 04:27:32 PM
Thanks, I am gonna run a 255/35 on them. That's the tire I am running on my flower wheels now.

So if you are running a 35 offset, will the 38 offset push the tire out more or under the car more?

Way too small...You're racking miles on your car faster than actual so you are sucking money from yourself in depreciation. And your shift points have to be messed up...Even if you can't detect it doesn't mean that they aren't.....Even a 255/40/20 is smaller than OE size
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

bpd1151

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 05, 2017, 05:30:18 PMWay too small...You're racking miles on your car faster than actual so you are sucking money from yourself in depreciation. And your shift points have to be messed up...Even if you can't detect it doesn't mean that they aren't.....Even a 255/40/20 is smaller than OE size

Oh come on now Brad......

Like you care about mileage accrued, and/or resale value in a fellow owner's SHO??? Ha.

As evidenced by your recent post below:

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 29, 2017, 12:13:42 AMI look at the SHO as a daily driver...It's a perfect daily driver for all seasons and it has performance...It's a total waste of money to not use the SHO as the resale isn't worth the sacrifice of not logging the miles...You essentially save a few grand in the name of preserving it....Not worth it.

Moving along....... certainly even you are aware, given your own venture into the tuning realm, that shift points can (& often are) changed within an aftermarket tune. Not as much of an issue as you are leading on.....

Finally Brad, lets not discourage the young lad. After all, there are plenty of folks having run aftermarket wheel/tire combos  (myself included) for years now, and all without incident or any detrimental affect(s).

To the OP, I'll reiterate, you'll be fine with the set up you've proposed.

AJP turbo

LOL.....but you dont want to record miles that you arent driving even if you arent worried about racking miles

Im just trying to help lol...they will look goofy and make the wheel well gaps bigger than they already are!

How about at least 255/40

Or make a grip monster and throw 275/40 or 275/35 tire each are much closer to stock height than the skinnies mentioned
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

bpd1151

I know AJP......

However, the OP is/was simply asking for help on fitment.

NOT on whether it "looks goofy".

I've seen plenty of goofy things done over 7yrs on various SHO's. Not that that should be construed as my opinion here in this thread, equating with not liking the OP's 20x9's he's proposing.

In the end, each to their own my friend.

Bharp

Thanks again for the comments and concerns. I have been running this tire size for a while now and I like them. I am not concerned with the miles as I am pretty much married to this car because of the mileage I have already acrude. I chose this tire size for the gear reduction and the shift points are fine. It definitely helped on my 60'. I am planning on lowering the car as well which will help with the wheel gap.
The only concern I have now is whether to go with 38 offset or 35 if I can find available in this wheel. I would rather have the concave instead of having the flat face.
Can someone tell me what is the lowest number offset that will work?
12.54 best ET
111.96 best MPH

ZSHO

Bharp couldn't help to notice your signature and must admit that's a pretty sweet ET there and best of luck on the new wheels and pretty sure they will look great on there,enjoy my friend.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Bharp

Thanks Z, I don't know how to post pics on here or I would put a pic of the wheel I want.

They are Verde v99 axis 20x9 in black.

I think they will look good, my car is silver.

http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Verde/Axis/V99-296538SB#
12.54 best ET
111.96 best MPH

ZSHO

Quote from: Bharp on February 05, 2017, 07:57:48 PM
Thanks Z, I don't know how to post pics on here or I would put a pic of the wheel I want.

They are Verde v99 axis 20x9 in black.

I think they will look good, my car is silver.
Feel free to pm me with the link.  Z :)

ZSHO

Bharp

12.54 best ET
111.96 best MPH