• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OE XSport Wheels & Adapters/Hub Centric Spacers

Started by MiWiAu, February 01, 2017, 03:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

I'm considering H&R springs for my Explorer. Based on other reviews, I'd like to install 0.75" hub centric spacers/adapters to widen the track a bit.

Looking at the BORA spacers.

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/special/truck/ford_s

I have searched, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer: will the OE 20" XSport wheels fit over the 0.75" spacers without having to chop down the OE studs? It looks like there are some pockets between the stud holes on the wheel (see below), but I'm not sure if there's sufficient clearance to not have to cut the studs to fit.

Any insight(s) appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

MiWiAu

I measured the pockets on the back side of my OE 20" wheels, and they are 25mm deep.

If someone has the wheels off their SHO or Explorer in the near future, I'd be curious to know the wheel stud length from the face of the rotor hat to the end of the stud (front and rear, in case they're different). Otherwise, I will measure them in a few weeks when I remove my winter wheels and report back with the info.

Thanks!
2013 XSport

MiWiAu

Had the front right wheel off for a belt change today. Stud length was ~36mm from the face of the rotor to the end of the stud, so my OE wheels (with 25mm pockets) should work with 0.75" spacers. I'll confirm the rear length next time I have a rear wheel off.

2013 XSport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on April 16, 2017, 06:55:03 PM
A lot of detail, LOL!  Good info.

Sometimes I answer my own questions, but it's a pet peeve of mine when people don't close the loop on their threads, so I figured I'd check in with an update for the next guy needing the info. :)

2013 XSport

Bklynite

Thanks for that info MiWiAu,
Have you ever heard of COIL SPRING SPECIALTIES there out of KS ?
CV guys swear by them, since I cut 7" off my rear coils,
I plan on giving them a try and order a set of custom spring 1" drop for the
front.
2011 SHO - Catless 2.5 Downpipes, GH Intercooler, K&N air filter, JLT Cath Can, H&R Coil Springs

MiWiAu

Quote from: Bklynite on April 18, 2017, 07:30:18 PM
Thanks for that info MiWiAu,
Have you ever heard of COIL SPRING SPECIALTIES there out of KS ?
CV guys swear by them, since I cut 7" off my rear coils,
I plan on giving them a try and order a set of custom spring 1" drop for the
front.

Interesting! I have not heard of them, but I will check them out. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

2013 XSport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on April 18, 2017, 07:36:38 PM
7"??? Wow!
Assume that's measured along the spring winding, not height? LOL

2013 XSport

Bklynite

Correct, i originally cut 5" but wanted it more level so went ahead and cut 2" more.
29 1/2" from fender to ground, tire are pretty worn with new tires should look good
2011 SHO - Catless 2.5 Downpipes, GH Intercooler, K&N air filter, JLT Cath Can, H&R Coil Springs

Bklynite

not sure why picture is showing the care taking a nose dive!
but it sits 29 1/2" on all corners.