• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tuning for catless downpipes???

Started by svt54, February 01, 2017, 01:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisJ

Quote from: SHOurpp on February 01, 2017, 10:31:46 AM
its easy
you need a new tuner

Working on that. Just waiting on a response ATM
2015 SHO non-pp - LMS catted downpipes, Hotpipes, 50mm tial, 3 br map, airraid intake, magnaflow catback, h&r lowering springs, MSD coils, 542s, JLT v3 catch can, tuned by bcb and some other pretty junk.

AJP turbo

Quote from: ChrisJ on February 01, 2017, 07:18:00 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on February 01, 2017, 07:15:16 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 01, 2017, 07:10:16 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote

SCT got hit by the EPA and turned over a ton of their tuners who were turning off the rear 02's for people. Thus tuners are not turning them off anymore to keep from getting fined even if it is a strictly only offroad tune. MLS uses a hypertech tuner so they havent been hit with the SCT backstab.

I dont think this is true...it always has been illegal to circumvent federal and local emission regs...the functionality is still available in the software....i believe there is a disclaimer for EVERY flash from sct that it is for off road use only...what people do is on them...sct is just providing a product that is assumed to be used on race cars and on cars that a programmed ecu wont affect emissions

It just sounds like information thats been distorted....it sounds reasonable....but there is no information specific to this provided to sct dealers by sct

Perhaps someone's tuning business got into trouble and they wanted to believe that someone turned them in
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ChrisJ

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 01, 2017, 10:37:01 AM
Quote from: ChrisJ on February 01, 2017, 07:18:00 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on February 01, 2017, 07:15:16 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 01, 2017, 07:10:16 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote

SCT got hit by the EPA and turned over a ton of their tuners who were turning off the rear 02's for people. Thus tuners are not turning them off anymore to keep from getting fined even if it is a strictly only offroad tune. MLS uses a hypertech tuner so they havent been hit with the SCT backstab.

I dont think this is true...it always has been illegal to circumvent federal and local emission regs...the functionality is still available in the software....i believe there is a disclaimer for EVERY flash from sct that it is for off road use only...what people do is on them...sct is just providing a product that is assumed to be used on race cars and on cars that a programmed ecu wont affect emissions

It just sounds like information thats been distorted....it sounds reasonable....but there is no information specific to this provided to sct dealers by sct

Perhaps someone's tuning business got into trouble and they wanted to believe that someone turned them in

Its just what is coming out of the Lund camp. If he still did anything with EB he would have my car but he doesn't as he just finished his TT setup for the s550 chassis and the track version of the coyote s197 setup. Started with bullydog which is now scts baby. It may be wrong but Lunds people have never lied to me yet.
2015 SHO non-pp - LMS catted downpipes, Hotpipes, 50mm tial, 3 br map, airraid intake, magnaflow catback, h&r lowering springs, MSD coils, 542s, JLT v3 catch can, tuned by bcb and some other pretty junk.

svt54

Chris, I agree with you, I don't blame them. Torrie said it's a $2500 fine. Either way, it's gonna require me to move on, as like you, I don't wanna keep dealing with the CEL.
2010 Flex Ecoboost - Tuned by Torrie / 3 bar MAP / NGK plugs / EPP hard pipes w/ Tial BOV / Megan Coilovers
2015 Flex non EB - the wife's

bamsho

Just little FYI.  Local diesel performance shop just got NAILED by the EPA.  The were doing the DEF delete, and tuning to run without it.  The did well over 300 trucks and the authorities took there computers and records.  I have heard the fine will be 6 figures.  Not sure what will happen to the customers.  Most of you have seen the trucks that "roll coal", which pretty much is "hey look at me'.  So looks like they are coming down hard on the diesel guys, and which sucks for SCT and Torrie kinda got caught up in it. 

Another thing, is that I heard that one truck rolling coal in town near me was impounded by the police.  Have heard that no one knows where the truck is at, and rumor is there is a "special" impound lot for these trucks.  Soo not sure of the out come here.

I personally think this is some overall blow back cause of the VW scandal.  Looks like we all should be careful for now.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

10bird

AJP turbo

Quote from: 10bird on February 24, 2017, 10:12:42 AM
Are these the same things that AJP said wouldn't work?
https://www.brewcityboost.com/product/defouler-for-o2-sensors/

The ones on my 14 didnt work but they didnt have the mesh mini cat material in them i cant tell if the ones in the link do or not
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

RAYJAY

a little off topic but what data does the rear o2's look for? and as for the link for the defouler's, we been doing that on the subie's for years,(just used a spark plug defouler and drilled it out.

the other mod we did was to added a resistor to the 02 sensor ,   
2013 GREEN GEM METALLIC 402A PP PACKAGE