• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tuning for catless downpipes???

Started by svt54, February 01, 2017, 01:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

svt54

Ok, guys. So, I got a tune from Torrie at Unleashed last fall for my Flex and I love it. Here is the issue. I have a CAT going bad, and a buddy of mine is trading in his SHO. He is selling me his catless pipes for $150. I can't pass the deal up. I emailed Torrie about revising the tune for the catless pipes, and he responded that he can't turn off the rear O2 sensors. I really don't wanna stare at a CEL light forever.

First, is there a MIL eliminator for our cars? Second, can anyone recommend a good tuner who DOES turn off the rear O2 sensors, preferably using my SCT tuner? I don't have any sort of emission testing in my area, so that is not an issue. I really wish I had known this was an issue for Torrie before I went with him.
2010 Flex Ecoboost - Tuned by Torrie / 3 bar MAP / NGK plugs / EPP hard pipes w/ Tial BOV / Megan Coilovers
2015 Flex non EB - the wife's

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: svt54 on February 01, 2017, 01:06:26 AM
Ok, guys. So, I got a tune from Torrie at Unleashed last fall for my Flex and I love it. Here is the issue. I have a CAT going bad, and a buddy of mine is trading in his SHO. He is selling me his catless pipes for $150. I can't pass the deal up. I emailed Torrie about revising the tune for the catless pipes, and he responded that he can't turn off the rear O2 sensors. I really don't wanna stare at a CEL light forever.

First, is there a MIL eliminator for our cars? Second, can anyone recommend a good tuner who DOES turn off the rear O2 sensors, preferably using my SCT tuner? I don't have any sort of emission testing in my area, so that is not an issue. I really wish I had known this was an issue for Torrie before I went with him.

Sounds like a bummer!! Not sure if AJPTurbo is taking new customers but I highly recommend him. Just PM him, he is very reasonably priced, his hp/tq numbers are wicked high, and he is a local guy on the forums. Ton of support and he uses SCT.

Brew City Boost is another SCT tuning company you can try. Lots of good reviews from guys who are tuned by them. Plus they have the first non-meth SHO that ran an 11 in the 1/4... minus weight such as seats.

I personally have been tuned by LMS, Unleashed, and AJPTurbo.

Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisJ

Going though the same thing here only with LMS catted dp.
2015 SHO non-pp - LMS catted downpipes, Hotpipes, 50mm tial, 3 br map, airraid intake, magnaflow catback, h&r lowering springs, MSD coils, 542s, JLT v3 catch can, tuned by bcb and some other pretty junk.

StealBlueSho

Is this some new law or did somebody get in trouble for turning off the rear O2s?!

Unleashed sells ONLY uncatted DP's! And Torrie won't turn off the O2s? Makes no sense..

I know LMS will. Not sure what complications ChrisJ is having? I have catted SW DPs, and LMS turned the rear O2s off for me because I was having P0430/P0440 codes. Call or Email LMS and talk to Anthony.... they will fix it for you.

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 01, 2017, 07:10:16 AM
Is this some new law or did somebody get in trouble for turning off the rear O2s?!

Unleashed sells ONLY uncatted DP's! And Torrie won't turn off the O2s? Makes no sense..

I know LMS will. Not sure what complications ChrisJ is having? I have catted SW DPs, and LMS turned the rear O2s off for me because I was having P0430/P0440 codes. Call or Email LMS and talk to Anthony.... they will fix it for you.

It's maybe because he does not sell them any longer.IDK. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ChrisJ

Quote from: ZSHO on February 01, 2017, 07:15:16 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 01, 2017, 07:10:16 AM

I'm sure he does not sell them anymore. Z

Torrie tuned my car so I dont have a LMS tune atm.

SCT got hit by the EPA and turned over a ton of their tuners who were turning off the rear 02's for people. Thus tuners are not turning them off anymore to keep from getting fined even if it is a strictly only offroad tune. MLS uses a hypertech tuner so they havent been hit with the SCT backstab.
2015 SHO non-pp - LMS catted downpipes, Hotpipes, 50mm tial, 3 br map, airraid intake, magnaflow catback, h&r lowering springs, MSD coils, 542s, JLT v3 catch can, tuned by bcb and some other pretty junk.

ChrisJ

I do have a mycal though sitting on a shelf in my mancave. Just have to send it back and get it setup for my car. Wish I could just buy the tune and move it over since its unlocked.

StealBlueSho

So SCT dealers did get in trouble for the turning off the rear O2s..... interesting.......

ChrisJ

A few did that SCT turned over. Blame their bullydog crap and the big coal rolling diesels that think its cool to "roll coal" in peoples faces. Big fines so make sure and not mention to much who will do what or they will all stop. I have to turn off my CEL pretty much daily. I emailed torrie for over a week before buying it letting him know what I had and was told it wasn't gonna be an issue. Well it was and when I asked about it I got legal mumbo jumbo nonstop.

SHOdded

Sucks for honest-minded modders, but I can see why they won't do it anymore.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ChrisJ

Quote from: SHOdded on February 01, 2017, 07:46:01 AM
Sucks for honest-minded modders, but I can see why they won't do it anymore.

Cant blame them tbh. Dont mean I have to like it LOL

I hate this CEL so much

hawkeye93

I have LMS catted downpipes, which do throw a CEL.  All 3 of my tuners (Torrie, LMS & Brew City Boost) disabled the rear O2s when I asked (a few months ago).
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

ChrisJ

Quote from: hawkeye93 on February 01, 2017, 09:02:43 AM
I have LMS catted downpipes, which do throw a CEL.  All 3 of my tuners (Torrie, LMS & Brew City Boost) disabled the rear O2s when I asked (a few months ago).

December 5, 2016 for me and the answer was no. Like I said cant blame him but it sucks as I will have to go to another tuner now as I cant handle the cel.

SHOurpp

duel 3 inch cat less down pipes
sct x4- as a scanner/logger only
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta