• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 Chrysler 300 300C

Started by ZSHO, January 28, 2017, 07:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

The same dealer where i purchased my SHO is selling a 2013 Chrysler 300 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition one owner with 25k miles on her with all the bells & whistles for 20,500 negotiable.
I basically just need a 2nd car just to get around with.
I have until Mon to decide so would appreciate your thoughts & suggestions if any,thanks.  Z

Rear wheel Drive
**CLEAN CARFAX** Only ONE OWNER! NAVIGATION, PANORAMIC MOONROOF, HEATED/VENTILATED SEATS, REARVIEW CAMERA, BLUETOOTH, and SATELLITE RADIO. Thoroughly inspected by our certified technicians and backed by our 99 day/3,300 mile Bumper to Bumper WARRANTY! This beautiful, fully-loaded 2013 Chrysler 300C is so CLEAN you'll swear it's new and with only 25K miles, it practically is! Add some excitement to your daily commute... Stop by today and enjoy the best and most convenient purchase experience anywhere!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 28, 2017, 07:49:54 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on January 28, 2017, 07:44:35 PM
The same dealer where i purchased my SHO is selling a 2013 Chrysler 300 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition one owner with 25k miles on her with all the bells & whistles for 20,500 negotiable.
I basically just need a 2nd car just to get around with.
I have until Mon to decide so would appreciate your thoughts & suggestions,thanks.  Z

AWD?
RWD,thanks. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

I have not owned one, however, my neighbor has one and LOVES his. My cousin has a 300C and same story, loves it. I have yet to hear anyone say they don't like it. Given its a Chrysler product...

I know I regularly pass them in my SHO :-)

Not bad car "to get around in"....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

It IS a pretty sweet looking ride.  Warranty is not much at all tho, hope you can get extended warranty.  Hopefully the 3.6 reliability is >>> the Hemi, i.e., lo maintenance.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

derfdog15

Personally, I am a die hard ford fan, so I would pass, and look for something like a fusion or non SHO taurus, or even non-eco ford anything that fit the needs.

Well, truthfully I would probably look for another eco to be my get around car if I was in your situation, so I had options if I got bored of it.

But it is a good looking car.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

AJP turbo

I look at the SHO as a daily driver...It's a perfect daily driver for all seasons and it has performance...It's a total waste of money to not use the SHO as the resale isn't worth the sacrifice of not logging the miles...You essentially save a few grand in the name of preserving it....Not worth it.

Next, don't buy that MOPAR(my old pig ain't running). Sooner or later the Dodge bleeds out of it and on to your garage floor and will manifest itself as trans fluid or oil.....They look fancy when new but have engineering comparable to Indian cars or Daewoo or 1980's kia's...Chrysler is #1 at deceiving people, look around at how many lower class people that don't take care of their vehicles own them. Those are the people easily deceived...Don't become one of them Z....Forum friends don't let forum friends own Dodge.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

derfdog15

Quote from: AJP turbo on January 29, 2017, 12:13:42 AM
I look at the SHO as a daily driver...It's a perfect daily driver for all seasons and it has performance...It's a total waste of money to not use the SHO as the resale isn't worth the sacrifice of not logging the miles...You essentially save a few grand in the name of preserving it....Not worth it.

Next, don't buy that MOPAR(my old pig ain't running). Sooner or later the Dodge bleeds out of it and on to your garage floor and will manifest itself as trans fluid or oil.....They look fancy when new but have engineering comparable to Indian cars or Daewoo or 1980's kia's...Chrysler is #1 at deceiving people, look around at how many lower class people that don't take care of their vehicles own them. Those are the people easily deceived...Don't become one of them Z....Forum friends don't let forum friends own Dodge.

It is now past 1 am and I am drunk because I miss college. You sir, are a wordsmith (and amazing tuner).

I really like the SHO as a DD as well, which is why mine is my only car in the stable at my current location. But I seem to recall Z had some issue (personal preference) with driving his at certain temps. I doubt the 300C would fare better in those conditions though. I think Z needs to look into an Eco Expedition/Xsport for an all weather vehicle. That way he can do most of the same types of mods (on Xsport, expedition is still lacking some support though I bet  tune wise would be similar to F150 and they have a lot of support) if he wants, or leave it stock and have all weather capability he is more comfortable.

If this post is out of line, feel free to remove.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

Colorado-SHOBro

watch out everybody derf is drunk posting!

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

derfdog15

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on January 29, 2017, 01:45:03 AM

watch out everybody derf is drunk posting!

well, at-least it is coherent?

I also drunk purchased a Reische 170 for my mustang.

Back to topic at hand, ZSHO, with that low of mileage and the pictures/post seen, it looks sharp and seems well taken care of. If your heart leads you to having the 300C as a daily then let it be, don't let the internet sway a decision only your own heart and mind can ultimately make (and to some degree your wallet, and family).

But I really wish it was a fusion sport, or an xsport.

ZSHO

There were some interesting comments laid out in the open and one would expect to engage in a more more professional outlook with a broader perspective but no worries next time i would just simply add a poll up top. to defuse one's comments. Z  :P

StealBlueSho

Here is a link to enter the VIN and see if there are any recalls...

Quick search shows 50+ TSBs however, not sure which are applicable to that particular model...

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls.html

We own a 2013 Town and Country and so far it's been oil changes and filters for 40K miles... and one e-brake line(I got a little heavy footed with the e-brake)...

We have been pretty happy with our model year Chrysler... I mean it's a minivan for the kids but the quality is OK. I can't image their 300c being worse, most likely better!

SHOdded

Read mostly good reviews for the 300c, I would really test drive it, see if an extended warranty is available.  Practical stuff :)

My neighbor has had his 300c for well over a decade now, not a complaint.  We owned a 1997 base intrepid for 15 years.  Yeah, the interior was starting to fade, but enjoyed driving it as much on the last day as the first one.  Definitely some c*** in Chryslers lineup on recent years, but dont condemn it all :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on January 29, 2017, 08:58:41 AM
Read mostly good reviews for the 300c, I would really test drive it, see if an extended warranty is available.  Practical stuff :)

My neighbor has had his 300c for well over a decade now, not a complaint.  We owned a 1997 base intrepid for 15 years.  Yeah, the interior was starting to fade, but enjoyed driving it as much on the last day as the first one.  Definitely some c*** in Chryslers lineup on recent years, but dont condemn it all :)
I appreciate your insight,the warranty aspect has me on the fence. :-\  Z

panther427

I would rather purchase a real fun second car. Lease a mustang or miata lol.
2013 SHO

MiWiAu

How about a sweet XSport, Z?!

2014 Explorer Sport for sale-LMS Tuned

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eecoboostperformanceforum%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D7312&share_tid=7312&share_fid=56487&share_type=t

P.S. I could really use a $1000 commission. ;)

2013 XSport