• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Another take on the RX Catch can install-new can location(standard can)

Started by Colorado-SHOBro, January 27, 2017, 09:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

CSS hose totally clean after 300+ miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Gjkrisa

That's good at least it should last till every oil change

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Colorado-SHOBro

So after about 650 miles i went ahead and drained the contents of the can. Not quite as much as expected being that it is winter here in denver(last week or so have been warm though).

And on a side note: taking the car to the dealer tomorrow to have them look at the PTU so put it into "stealth dealer mode" with the factory oil cap and oem css hose connected. and of course capped one side of the vacuum T and plugged the hole in the airbox. wouldn't know it from stock

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: SHOdded on February 08, 2017, 10:30:57 PM
CLEAN engine, btw :thumb:
Thank you sir! Engine cleanliness is a pet peeve of mine. You should've seen my previous car. LOL

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

ZSHO

X2 very clean engine bay..Low mileage correct? enjoy. Z   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: ZSHO on February 09, 2017, 06:59:25 AM
Yes,26k as of today. And i've put ~14k of those 26 on it myself.

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

derfdog15

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on February 09, 2017, 10:25:53 AM
Dang, I have 14.5K on my 15, thats really low mileage on your end for a car 4 years older!
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: derfdog15 on February 09, 2017, 10:34:51 AM
Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on February 09, 2017, 10:25:53 AM
Dang, I have 14.5K on my 15, thats really low mileage on your end for a car 4 years older!
yep i was in search of a Gen4.2 PP when i came across it and couldn't pass it up. it was practically brand new but 5 years old LOL. Figured get it young,maintain the hell out of it and it should stand the test of time.

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Colorado-SHOBro

so despite the hose from the airbox being completely clean I saw this in the CSS. is this normal? hose is still 100% dry so the CSS is doing its job but it has me curious.

i also took off the charge pipe from the rear turbo and there was accumulation in the coupler near the turbo and around the turbo outlet. i didn't clean any of these pieces after installing the OCC so it could be old but still surprised me a little bit.

is this accumulation normal for others running OCCs or do you think it's old?

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

MiWiAu

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on February 23, 2017, 05:02:04 PM

Looks like the CSS is working perfectly - nothing to worry about. That spongy material you pulled out helps coalesce oil from the crankcase vapor that reverses flow under boost. It allows the oil to drain back into the valve cover rather than being blown back into the intake (like in the OE setup) or all over the engine bay. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if what you see in the charge pipes is left over from before the CSS/OCC install, since they weren't cleaned.

The OE cleanside tubing or turbo seal blow-by are the only two sources of oil in the intake (unless an air filter is over oiled).

Not sure if ~some~ turbo seal blow-by is normal, or if ~any~ blow-by is considered bad. I'll look forward to others' input on that. :)

2013 XSport

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: MiWiAu on February 23, 2017, 10:20:10 PM
Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on February 23, 2017, 05:02:04 PM

Looks like the CSS is working perfectly - nothing to worry about. That spongy material you pulled out helps coalesce oil from the crankcase vapor that reverses flow under boost. It allows the oil to drain back into the valve cover rather than being blown back into the intake (like in the OE setup) or all over the engine bay. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if what you see in the charge pipes is left over from before the CSS/OCC install, since they weren't cleaned.

The OE cleanside tubing or turbo seal blow-by are the only two sources of oil in the intake (unless an air filter is over oiled).

Not sure if ~some~ turbo seal blow-by is normal, or if ~any~ blow-by is considered bad. I'll look forward to others' input on that. :)

Yeah not doubting that it's working properly, more just curious. Also wondering how much or if any turbo blow-by is considered normal or cause for concern. Anybody else ever notice oil accumulation on turbo outlets?

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Colorado-SHOBro

had the bumper off today so got a couple more shots of the can location.

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

glock-coma

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on April 22, 2017, 09:40:04 AM
had the bumper off today so got a couple more shots of the can location.

If at all possible I would put those check valves somewhere a little bit more accessible, they can crack or break overtime.

Also I believe RX is using aluminum check valves now instead of plastic.
Might be worth a call/email. When
my CSS cap orings went bad they sent me out a new cap new check valves. 
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Colorado-SHOBro

If at all possible I would put those check valves somewhere a little bit more accessible, they can crack or break overtime.

Also I believe RX is using aluminum check valves now instead of plastic.
Might be worth a call/email. When
my CSS cap orings went bad they sent me out a new cap new check valves. 
Good call glock i might reach out to them. the valves are in good shape and it's actually pretty easy to get at them from underneath the car with the belly pan off. Was your oil cap/CSS leaking onto your valve cover? i'm having that issue but it's minor. Tried to epoxy it and it helped a little. I bought my kit used so might have to buy a new cap or seal from RX.

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.