• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New member - New 2017 Explorer Sport

Started by relbus, January 25, 2017, 12:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

relbus

Hi Everyone.  New member here.
About two weeks ago I picked up a new 17 Explorer sport for my wife.  Absolutely love this SUV. 
So far I have:
Added Ford accessory DVD headrests, tinted the windshield w/ 70% 3m crystalline, all other windows were done with 3m 15%.  Weathertech floor liners throughout.  Black ford, sport, and Ecoboost 4wd badges.  LED license plate lamps.  Livernois tuner. 
next up, something to protect the top of the rear bumper, catch can, roof rack cross bars, brake controller, 3 bar map, and possibly a Tstat. 
Not thrilled with the wrap job on the ecoboost badge.  I will prob redo that in the next few days, it was late, and I rushed...and it shows. 

SHOdded

Welcome to EBPF, relbus, and congrats on the new ride!  Mods already in full swing, gotta love it!  Do you normally mod your cars?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Yay! Another XSport! :)

Welcome!

Since I got my '13 in August, my wife's car is now the "old" car in the stable, and she always wants to drive "my" XSport.

I was hoping that by doing things like the BOV VTA, being hyper critical about my fuel/fuel treatments, and my anal retentiveness about parking that she would eventually give up on wanting to drive it because it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Hasn't worked yet, so... MORE MODS! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

ZSHO

Welcome aboard the E.B.P.F Relbus and great lookin XSPORT you have there and any questions you may have you can always feel free to ask. Z  :WELCOME:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

relbus

Quote from: SHOdded on January 25, 2017, 02:28:27 PM
Welcome to EBPF, relbus, and congrats on the new ride!  Mods already in full swing, gotta love it!  Do you normally mod your cars?

Thank you!  Yes, I mod everything.  Phones, bikes, sleds, cars, my kids power wheels...nothing is off limits,   Its kind of a sickness.  I didn't have the Explorer for 12 hours and it had tint and weathertechs. 

relbus

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 25, 2017, 02:29:24 PM
Yay! Another XSport! :)

Welcome!

Since I got my '13 in August, my wife's car is now the "old" car in the stable, and she always wants to drive "my" XSport.

I was hoping that by doing things like the BOV VTA, being hyper critical about my fuel/fuel treatments, and my anal retentiveness about parking that she would eventually give up on wanting to drive it because it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Hasn't worked yet, so... MORE MODS! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

The explorer is my wife's ride.  My wife hates my pickup, and loathes driving it...so we have the opposite thing going on.  (hint straight pipe may do that for you too!)  I get to drive the Explorer on weekends, etc. and I too am anal retentive about it...this doesn't seem to make my wife any more careful with it though :sigh: 

On a side note, whats the deal with the verification?  We're talking EcoBoost here, not government secrets.   

SHOdded

Well apparently, spammers beg to differ LOL.  It will go away after 5 posts, IIRC.  We had a huge problem with these idiots a while back, and had to raise our defenses.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

derfdog15

Welcome, and great job on the wrap, I wish I had gone that route instead of plasti-dip.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

Ryan02Stang

Ha!  I bought my wife a white 15 xsport, and had the windows tinted and Husky mats done before the odometer read 100 miles!

Where did you get the black Ford badges?  Looks great!
2015 Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, Unleashed
2002 Mustang GT, Vortech Supercharged

relbus

I got the badges on Ebay.  Just search black ford explorer badges and several variations will pop up. 

Productive weekend, pretty hardcore mods...got the rear bumper protector installed, OEM roof rack cross bars, and Livernois 93 perf tune. 
then I snapped a few pics outside the garage, just to prove it leaves the garage.

SHOdded

Your garage probably abuts a park, right?  So you roll it out a 100 feet, then roll it right back in :P

relbus