• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MyCal Stage 4+ 2012 SHO

Started by DJE624, July 27, 2013, 08:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoboostsho

If you are counting on Torque to time you your mileage will vary.  Although a lot of it will depend on the adapter you have and the phone not necessarily Torque itself.  If you are monitoring a lot of PIDs and you have a slow adapter and/or slow phone you won't see good times.  I can get Torque to show 4.7 zero to 60 with brake torqueing.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ecoboostsho

I have a mycal on the way and will be interested in seeing the differences in the tunes.  I plan on scanning the before and after so I should be able to tell any differences in boost/timing etc...It may indeed carry more boost but if our cars can't handle that without additional supporting mods (i.e. downpipes/meth/exhaust) then you will generate more knock which will pull timing and negate any "positive" effects of the tune.  Hopefully that isn't the case but these cars definitely learn over time.  The car is always super fast right after resetting the ECU or reflashing but will quickly "learn" what is safe (or at least what it thinks safe is) and adjust accordingly. 
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile