• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

EBC brake pads and rotors

Started by shaundizzle15, January 23, 2017, 11:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaundizzle15

Myself and MiWiAu, are both in the process of changing rotors and pads over to EBC. MiWiAu noticed his pads didn't come with new hardware and EBC recommended reusing original. I'm still waiting on pads and rotors to arrive. For those of you that use EBC did you get a new hardware kit with the pads or did you have to reuse your originals? If you did order replacement hardware where did you locate it? MiWiAu fond a fron kit that works on both the SHO and Explorer (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D88PVJ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_.ZvHyb226GZ7K) but there doesn't seem to be a rear kit for the SHO.
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

camthman

I am pretty sure you will be ok with the original, unless you see something cracked in a boot or some odd wearing.
2010 SHO - M-design - Unleashed Tuning (Torrie) - PPE (Catless) - 3 Bar - 170 Tstat - NGK 6510 - Dynomax Axelback (3rd cat/Res Removed) X pipe - H&R (sitting in garage waiting...)

MiWiAu

My clips were pretty crusty, and I felt better installing new. It just didn't feel right to spend $700+ on new brakes and cheap out on some $20 clips.

What year is your SHO, Shaun? I don't see a signature.
2013 XSport

MiWiAu

I just went onto fordparts.com and did a lookup of my rear brakes and a 2013 SHO.

For the rear caliper brackets (which house the clips in question), both call out 2B511:
  BRBCR-31 (LH)
  BRBCR-15 (RH)

So, I think the hardware link I PM'd you SHOULD work. If you decide to order, just do a comparison through the plastic bag before you rip them open, just in case they are different.

I will have my Raybestos clips tonight, so I can confirm for certain whether or not they fit in a few hours.
2013 XSport

shaundizzle15

Mike the fronts do say they'll work however, the rear part number says it doesn't. Sorry 2013 sig updated
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

MiWiAu

Quote from: shaundizzle15 on January 23, 2017, 03:34:56 PM
Mike the fronts do say they'll work however, the rear part number says it doesn't. Sorry 2013 sig updated

Yeah, I suspect the Raybestos fitment is incomplete, since it appears our vehicles use the same caliper mounting brackets (according to fordparts.com).

For what it's worth, Centric brakes lists both the Explorer (with HD brakes) and the SHO rear hardware as PN 117.65040.

Based on caliper brackets on fordparts.com and the Centric kits having the same PN, I'd be willing to bet that if the Raybestos H5864A rear kit fits my XSport (will confirm tonight) that there is near 100% probability that it will also fit the 2013 SHO. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

MiWiAu

Rear clips work on the XSport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport