• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

EcoBoost F150 3.5L HPFP Testing

Started by Livernois Motorsports, January 13, 2017, 01:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearlessAZ

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 16, 2017, 09:12:43 AM

We have yet to track test them since the weather has been so questionable lately but if we can find some mildly warmer days, we will head to the strip!

If you need someone to test in Arizona where we don't know what winter or cold weather is, my SHO would be willing to be a test mule ;)
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 16, 2017, 09:29:55 AM
Any idea on a price range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will have two pumps available, a Firestorm and a Sever Firestorm.

The Firestorm HPFP will be starting at $1,599.99

The Severe Firestorm HPFP - we are targeting to keep the price under $2,500 but those details will become available soon.
The Severe Firestorm Pump will be a higher flow fuel pump. 

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 16, 2017, 11:34:28 AM

The Severe Firestorm HPFP - we are targeting to keep the price under $2,500 but those details will become available soon.

For the firestorm HPFP, do you have any preliminary data on how much additional HP and Torque you are looking at after tune on the SHO?

You advertise 398/415 with all basic bolt ons with the 4+x tune and from what the forum has mentioned these transmissions start to get stressed when we push over 450hp.

Wondering what the sever firestorm is marketed towards?

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 16, 2017, 12:29:18 PM

For the firestorm HPFP, do you have any preliminary data on how much additional HP and Torque you are looking at after tune on the SHO?

You advertise 398/415 with all basic bolt ons with the 4+x tune and from what the forum has mentioned these transmissions start to get stressed when we push over 450hp.

We are still testing and developing a tune for the 3.5L SHO so any dyno numbers will be released when the pump is ready for public sale.

The Severe Firestorm pump will be the next step up to the regular Firestorm HPFP. This will be for someone looking to add even more fuel to the mix to produce even bigger power. We will most likely see a lot of the Severe Firestorm pumps go to race teams or the enthusiast with a fully built motor. The possibilities are truly endless!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 16, 2017, 12:35:42 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 16, 2017, 12:29:18 PM

We are still testing and developing a tune for the 3.5L SHO so any dyno numbers will be released when the pump is ready for public sale.

The Severe Firestorm pump will be the next step up to the regular Firestorm HPFP. This will be for someone looking to add even more fuel to the mix to produce even bigger power. We will most likely see a lot of the Severe Firestorm pumps go to race teams or the enthusiast with a fully built motor. The possibilities are truly endless!

Thanks again!!

SHOdded

What are the effects on "noise"?  The OEM HPFP has a cover to help cut down on that.  Also, will the apprearance cover fit over the new HPFPs?

Looking forward to ANY videos/track stats on the F150 and transverse platforms as they become available!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: SHOdded on January 16, 2017, 02:16:15 PM
What are the effects on "noise"?  The OEM HPFP has a cover to help cut down on that.  Also, will the apprearance cover fit over the new HPFPs?

Looking forward to ANY videos/track stats on the F150 and transverse platforms as they become available!

With our primary focus being increased flow, noise level was less of a concern. As of now, removal of the suppressor, and engine cover are required for the use of our pump.

derfdog15

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 16, 2017, 02:59:10 PM

With our primary focus being increased flow, noise level was less of a concern. As of now, removal of the suppressor, and engine cover are required for the use of our pump.

For both applications? I don't really care about the addition cabin noise, but would like to retain the engine cover on my SHO, though I guess liberal trimming could be ok.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 16, 2017, 03:14:43 PM

For both applications? I don't really care about the addition cabin noise, but would like to retain the engine cover on my SHO, though I guess liberal trimming could be ok.

Yes for both applications but trimming could possibly work.

StealBlueSho

Dunno if I can deal without my SHO engine cover and the excess noise..... I mean... geeze

derfdog15

Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 16, 2017, 04:06:03 PM

Dunno if I can deal without my SHO engine cover and the excess noise..... I mean... geeze

It just looks weird to me cause I'm used to having the cover on, though for increased fuel would be worth the trade off. I just like it looking pretty much stock under there, and having stuff like the HPFP etc. hidden.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

StealBlueSho

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 16, 2017, 04:42:57 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 16, 2017, 04:06:03 PM

It just looks weird to me cause I'm used to having the cover on, though for increased fuel would be worth the trade off. I just like it looking pretty much stock under there, and having stuff like the HPFP etc. hidden.

Oh I was being a smart ass! I totally get it, no offense meant. And I really do like my SHO cover.

Although if you pick one up, your gonna need to pop in a stiffer wastegate setup!

On a side note, I think with the newer pump we are gonna start seeing more people become knock limited vs fuel starved.

derfdog15

Once the car is ready for the HPFP (AKA my wallet is ready), that wastegate spring will go up significantly, and I'll probably shoot for ~20 psi or atleast 17 on the stock turbo, 20 for sure on ATPs.

And I figured there was some sarcasm in there, just wanted to give ya a hard time.

I am wondering now, if the standard 3.5L Ecoboost covers would work on the SHO? Kinda a random tid-bit but I bet one would be easier to find to modify.