• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 SHO w/PP but can't get "Advanced Sport Mode"

Started by ddlopes, October 30, 2017, 06:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

Hello guys,

I have a 2013 SHO with PP and for some reason I can't get the screen to acknowledge if Advanced Sport Mode is on or off. I've placed the car in Park and S while applying the brake and pressed the traction control button twice fast. But the screen only flashes Traction Control Off briefly. When I press the traction control button again (1 time not twice) the screen displays Advanced Traction Control on. But I can't get it to display Sport Mode. Now if I hold the button down for (5) seconds it will display Advanced Traction Control off. Anyone out there have or know of this issue? Thanks for looking...
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ZSHO

Whats the build date ?  Did you put it in Drive? while holding the traction button down for five seconds. ?  Z

Build date can be found here.
http://www.etis.ford.com/

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,1788.0.html

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3764.0.html  .Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ddlopes

2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ncole

I don't know if I can help, but adding how mine works.  It is a 2011 non-pp.  If I am driving less than 40mph, I can hit the TSC button twice quickly and it will go into sport mode with the same icon on the dash as just having it off.  I am not sure if this capability, which is normally only on PP cars to my understanding,  came about with my tune or what, but I discovered it by accident actually. .

Update: I can also turn it completely off by holding with the foot on the brake for 5 seconds.  I returned my SHO to stock yesterday and I still have sport mode,  but not the hill decent manual mode that the tune gives.
2011 black on black SHO.  MDesign CAI, Livernois 93 Stage 4 Plus X RACE 3BAR (running some E85 in to boost octane), 160° Thermostat, Livernois gapped plugs, 3 bar MAP

metroplex

Any updates? My 2014 non-PP doesn't have a traction control button. It is buried in the left MFD menu.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

Vortech347

It's a glitch in the programming.

So at a stop tap it twice. Pay close attention to the LEFT screen. You see a dialog box pop up for a split second and disappear .  If this happens you are now in sport mode.  The glitch is that it does not display the sport mode dialog box.  I can get a video of it.  Dealer won't fix it. They told me it's not repairable/updateable.  Which is BS.

At a stop while holding the brake hold it down to turn nannies off.  However to be honest I still think they stay on a hair because the system will show flashing indication it's interienving during shenanigans.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

LostnEye

My 2013 will show Sport mode, I do not need to be stopped, just a double tap of the traction control button. Full off seems to take closer to 10 seconds.
2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts

jmr061

Quote from: Vortech347 on February 05, 2018, 03:31:32 AM
It's a glitch in the programming.

So at a stop tap it twice. Pay close attention to the LEFT screen. You see a dialog box pop up for a split second and disappear .  If this happens you are now in sport mode.  The glitch is that it does not display the sport mode dialog box.  I can get a video of it.  Dealer won't fix it. They told me it's not repairable/updateable.  Which is BS.

At a stop while holding the brake hold it down to turn nannies off.  However to be honest I still think they stay on a hair because the system will show flashing indication it's interienving during shenanigans.

Actually the dealer is correct, they can't fix it.  There is no programming update for the cluster.  Personally I don't see why Ford can't release an update but that is up to mother Ford, not the dealer...their hands are tied.
Jason
16 Edge Sport