• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO vs MKS turbo drain pipes/tubes difference?

Started by Spenser281, January 14, 2017, 03:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spenser281

Well, after 6 months of driving my car with low compression on cylinder 6, the front turbo decided to essentially destroy itself just a couple of weeks ago.  Ford wanted $6800 to do a short block and $8600 to do a long block.  Not able to swing that kind of dough.  So I found a used 2011 MKS engine from LKQ with 66k miles for $2850.  Apparently they damaged one of the drain pipes for the turbos while pulling it.  My technician tells me that the SHO and MKS lines are different and can not be interchanged.  According to Tasca Ford Parts website, he is correct, they show different part numbers.  The SHO line is bigger.  Why in the world would the SHO line be bigger?  I thought these were the same exact engines?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2010 SHO

Work in progress....

pmezo33

My 2010 MKS has two different turbo return lines depending on when the car was built.  If it was built before 1/11/10 it's one part number and if it was built after 1/11/10, it's another part number.  They've supposedly updated these lines like 4 or 5 times over the years because of leaks.

Not sure why this is, but my advice is to make sure you get the right part for your specific engine.