• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2015 PP, full bolt on and E20 Dyno Results

Started by derfdog15, January 10, 2017, 07:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derfdog15

Got my car dynod at Fathouse Fab, in Martinsville Indiana today. (http://www.fathousefab.com/services/dyno-tuning/)

1st pull looks a bit funny power wise, compared to the next two, but it was most heatsoaked. 2nd and third pull are pretty close to each other, the first 3 are power pulls.

The last pull, is run with the "stock" tune from AJPTurbo. It had the fuel optimized for my E20 blend, stock BOV DTCs removed, rear O2s disabled/modified for catless downpipes. Also has the fan settings for the 170 thermostat. NO spark or boost modifications. Hows that +100 torque gain?

Average from the two (SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4

Other correction factor numbers were a bit higher, but I like the SAE system.

I can NOT stop smiling, I love it.

Results below, as well as logs.

Wastegate mod was open the full pull (the Dyno appears to put more load on the car) so it could have benefited a bit from a stronger spring pressure. However, it will stay with the current 14.5 wastegate spring, until I get a track time to match, then I may play with it. Of course, at that point, it will be warmer so there will be more margin in the fuel system.

This is STD Correction, you can see the average is a bit higher, 377.5/461.3

Either way you look it, car puts more power down, TO THE WHEELS, than ford claims stock at the flywheel. That is SIGNIFICANT improvement in my book. And the torque at the wheels, is over 100 ft/lb greater than the stock torque at the flywheel.

That is an INSANE gain IMO.

Also, here is the exhaust during the pull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQlkF54XZ-E
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

derfdog15

Results are in!

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7287.0.html

(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4

Wastegate mod was open the full pull (the Dyno appears to put more load on the car) so it could have benefited a bit from a stronger spring pressure. However, it will stay with the current 14.5 wastegate spring, until I get a track time to match, then I may play with it. Of course, at that point, it will be warmer so there will be more margin in the fuel system. Currently, the wastegate spring is perfect, on the street, for keeping a bit of margin on the fuel system for safety.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

derfdog15, I processed your raw data and calculated your "Total Power" increase @ 26.1% over the OE tune! See attached image.

AJP pull 1 looked like an outlier, so I only used AJP pull 2&3 to create an average HP curve and compared that against the numbers you put down with the OE tune. Similar to how I processed my XSport data, I utilized the trapezoid rule @ 10 RPM increments to estimate the area under your HP curves.

Analysis was trimmed at 2900-5990RPM, as data was consistently available for all pulls in this range. I also e-mailed you the Excel file (nothing fancy), so you can see all the formulas I used.

Enjoy!
2013 XSport

StealBlueSho

I like that low-end increase!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f8tlSHO

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 10, 2017, 07:58:00 PM
Results are in!

Wastegate mod was open the full pull (the Dyno appears to put more load on the car) so it could have benefited a bit from a stronger spring pressure. However, it will stay with the current 14.5 wastegate spring, until I get a track time to match, then I may play with it. Of course, at that point, it will be warmer so there will be more margin in the fuel system. Currently, the wastegate spring is perfect, on the street, for keeping a bit of margin on the fuel system for safety.
If you had a mbc I guess you could have dialed it in to create more power with that "extra" air that was leaking out.

2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

derfdog15

Quote from: f8tlSHO on January 16, 2017, 07:09:25 PM
Results are in!

If you had a mbc I guess you could have dialed it in to create more power with that "extra" air that was leaking out.

More than likely yes, but unfortunately I didn't have any springs or an MBC with me. Still, it did pretty good for a family sedan, and I am certain it will keep me happy for a long long time.

f8tlSHO

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 16, 2017, 07:13:17 PM
Quote from: f8tlSHO on January 16, 2017, 07:09:25 PM
Results are in!

More than likely yes, but unfortunately I didn't have any springs or an MBC with me. Still, it did pretty good for a family sedan, and I am certain it will keep me happy for a long long time.
Did very good!! And a big jump all around. Peak hp doesn't mean a thing if your low end is garbage. I always get a good laugh at the v tec motors that make 175hp at 8k and 100ftlb of torque at 7500... and virtually nothing below 4K.. gotta love the power right from the start in these cars. I would like to do a dyno test, with my tune and a stock tune, so I have a comparison. Gotta compare apples to apples.

E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.

derfdog15

Quote from: f8tlSHO on January 16, 2017, 07:28:24 PM
Did very good!! And a big jump all around. Peak hp doesn't mean a thing if your low end is garbage. I always get a good laugh at the v tec motors that make 175hp at 8k and 100ftlb of torque at 7500... and virtually nothing below 4K.. gotta love the power right from the start in these cars. I would like to do a dyno test, with my tune and a stock tune, so I have a comparison. Gotta compare apples to apples.

If you can get get dyno time, I am pretty sure Brad will be able to whip you up a "stock tune" like mine, if needed. And I still grin from ear to ear thinking about how it did.

SHOdded

Need to keep discussions like this  to their appropriate threads please
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

f8tlSHO

Derf
on your stock tune were you running stock boost? or was it the same boost level just without the added timing?

derfdog15

Quote from: f8tlSHO on January 26, 2017, 11:42:44 AM
Derf
on your stock tune were you running stock boost? or was it the same boost level just without the added timing?

I believe it was running stock boost, I know the boost commanded was not raised.

Feel free to confirm with the stock log that is attached. Based on the sound of the pull, I was not close to my tuned boost levels, since the gate did not crack at all.

MiWiAu

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 26, 2017, 12:14:23 PM
Derf

I believe it was running stock boost, I know the boost commanded was not raised.

Feel free to confirm with the stock log that is attached. Based on the sound of the pull, I was not close to my tuned boost levels, since the gate did not crack at all.

Assuming Brad did the same thing for you that he did for me, it's OE everything (fuel, spark, throttle position, boost). The only changes are slope/intercept for the MAP sensor (to allow 3-Bar MAP) and disabling downshifting in SST (manual) mode.

If that's the case, OE tune would would adjust for the E20 up to the built-in limits set by the manufacturer.

I'm sure AJP Turbo will chime in if this is not the case.

2013 XSport

derfdog15

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 26, 2017, 12:22:38 PM
Quote from: derfdog15 on January 26, 2017, 12:14:23 PM
Derf

Assuming Brad did the same thing for you that he did for me, it's OE everything (fuel, spark, throttle position, boost). The only changes are slope/intercept for the MAP sensor (to allow 3-Bar MAP) and disabling downshifting in SST (manual) mode.

If that's the case, OE tune would would adjust for the E20 up to the built-in limits set by the manufacturer.

I'm sure AJP Turbo will chime in if this is not the case.

I know he adjusted the air/fuel to account for E20 as well, so the car wouldnt have to do it on its own. Mine also had whatever adjustment he made to keep from throwing a code for stock BOVs being disconnected, as well as the same for the downpipes (rear O2s).

But other than those few, and the 3 bar/SST it should have been pretty stock.

AJP's base stock tune (on his car, stock tune, with 2 bar, and the downpipes and CAI) had almost identical results as well when compared.

Here is the post regarding that:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7171.msg111287.html#msg111287

Pretty consistant given two different cars, different days, different ambient conditions (which are corrected for with SAE correction, mine has a correction of 1.01, his has 1.05). He made about 4 more peak HP than I did, I made about 3 more peak torque than him. That is such a small difference I don't even consider is reasonable to say the two pulls are difference, when compared to the total outputs on both of the pulls - making the variance less than 1%

AJP turbo

Yep stock boost and spark....the air fuel ratio was stock as well...i just changed it so the ecu knew that e20 was being used but commanded air fuel curves were stock
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress