• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PVD Chrome Flower wheel picture request

Started by 6500rpm, January 15, 2017, 03:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6500rpm

I like the factory flower wheel design but I'm curious what they'd look like PVD Chrome finished. I've seen pictures of the wheels as a stand alone but I'd like to see what they actually look like mounted on a SHO if anyone has one on file or the ability to render.  I'm kind of old school and my 13 Ruby Red SHO still retains most of the chrome accents lending itself to want to see what all chrome factory wheels look like.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

Gjkrisa

Is this what you looking for?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

6500rpm

Yes and no. Those are the wheels I have, but there's a process related to powder coating that duplicates chrome. They strip and chrome the entire wheel eliminating the black. I'd like to see full vehicle pictures like you posted wearing the full chrome wheels. I can find pictures of the wheel that had the process done, but none actually show them with tires mounted on the car.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

Gjkrisa

Oh OK

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SHOdded

We have at least one member with a 2010-12 SHO that has their 20's PVD'd, IIRC.  But most powdercoat them ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!