• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Upgraded HPFP from Livernois MotorSports for the 3.5 Ecoboost SHO

Started by StealBlueSho, November 25, 2016, 03:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Will

I'm very excited to see what this product does and allows.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on November 29, 2016, 10:50:23 AM
The point being, let's wait till the product comes out and see what LME says can be accomplished with only that 1 change (and tuning of course).  If it takes you to the practical limit of the drivetrain on pump gas, without methanol injection/big turbos etc., then that provides another road to follow.  IIRC, it is not that difficult to replace the HPFP.  Maybe not as easy (!) as spark plugs, but definitely way easier than injectors LOL.
The HPFP is two bolts and a quick disconnect fuel line. Really easy, I did a write up and how to on replacing it.. not sure if it made over here on EBPF but it is on shoforum.com.. I will be more than happy to help anyone who needs it. It is pretty simple though..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

97novi2k

I calls Livernois today to ask about the cost to install an alky kit but also asked about this pump. Sounds like it's done but waiting on some other stuff, should be ready shortly!!! Want to see what options I have
2014 Non-PP SHO Dark Side Metallic - LMS V10, PPE Downpipes, Windstorm CAI, 160 tstat, colder plugs

metroplex

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on November 29, 2016, 08:46:16 AM
Honestly on this platform doing mild upgrades to get you into the 12's is the smartest case scenario, transmissions have failed on most of the big HP cars out there and there's no fix once they do break other than another stock transmission. My suggestion to you all is to get to around 450WHP and stop unless you like lighting money on fire and having a huge headache from smashing your face into the wall repeatedly.

Interesting... I was thinking that running E85 would be something worthwhile, not necessarily for gobs more power but rather the higher octane qualities would help reduce any tendencies for knock.

Just a tune will get you into the 12s, no other upgrades are really necessary. Looking at others' timeslips with the catless DP's, CAI, and catback exhaust, I see the 1/4 ET delta is on the order of 0.2-0.3 seconds with all of the above mods.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

polskifacet

Wonder why they can't make a pump upgrade kit like other companies do for VW for example. Maybe our pump is physically maxed out hence they made a whole new one, would be interesting to look into.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SHOdded

I think they also didn't want the new pump to break the cam.  Cam failures have happened before.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!