• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

TPMS Programming Troubleshooting

Started by MiWiAu, December 30, 2016, 04:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

Quote from: BlueSHO on January 18, 2017, 08:38:01 PM
Thanks for the update and damn those eBay sensors if that's what all  the frustration was about..

Haha, we'll see! If so, it would be pretty ironic, since shortly before ordering those, I posted to someone looking for an O2 sensor that "cutting costs now could cost you more time/money later." Maybe I should have practiced what I preached and taken my own damn advice. LOL
2013 XSport

ZSHO

I'm pretty sure this is the case but sometimes you get what you pay for!!!  and play at your own risk type of deal.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MiWiAu

Well, dudes, mystery solved. Using our sweet Rock Auto forum discount, I purchased (4) new TPMS sensors. They are the "direct fit" Schrader sensors (not labeled FoMoCo, but they make them for the Motor Company).

Laid all four out on my hood and they all trained nearly instantly using the $30 TPMS19 customer tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

BlueSHO

That's awesome Mike Glad things will be right

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

BlueSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 26, 2017, 06:57:28 PM
Well, dudes, mystery solved. Using our sweet Rock Auto forum discount, I purchased (4) new TPMS sensors. They are the "direct fit" Schrader sensors (not labeled FoMoCo, but they make them for the Motor Company).

Laid all four out on my hood and they all trained nearly instantly using the $30 TPMS19 customer tool.

Mike, how much were those from Rock Auto?

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

MiWiAu

Quote from: BlueSHO on January 26, 2017, 08:41:29 PM

$36.79/ea before shipping and the 5% discount.

More expensive than the eBay paperweights, but they actually work. :)

Hint: double check functionality of any sensors before you have them installed. ;)

2013 XSport

BlueSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 26, 2017, 08:45:09 PM

Hint: double check functionality of any sensors before you have them installed. ;)

Lol ok I sure will. Do they look like this?

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

MiWiAu

Quote from: BlueSHO on January 26, 2017, 08:47:04 PM
Quote from: MiWiAu on January 26, 2017, 08:45:09 PM

Lol ok I sure will. Do they look like this?

Yep! That's it!

The TPMS19 tool can activate them without driving. Per the service manual, ignition on and use the activation tool 2x on each sensor. Ignition off, then enter training mode. Use trigger tool on each sensor and you should get a single honk for each recognized sensor.

2013 XSport

derfdog15

We may have to wait or be graced by the magic that is ZSHO, but I got my shraders (same as yours) for 7 bucks each last black friday on amazon. I should have bought 12 instead of 4...
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

MiWiAu

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 26, 2017, 08:54:49 PM
We may have to wait or be graced by the magic that is ZSHO, but I got my shraders (same as yours) for 7 bucks each last black friday on amazon. I should have bought 12 instead of 4...

Holy crap, seriously?!

2013 XSport

derfdog15

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 26, 2017, 08:55:52 PM
Quote from: derfdog15 on January 26, 2017, 08:54:49 PM

Holy crap, seriously?!

Completely serious. I asked about TPMS while I was waiting on my car to be built (cause I was already planning my wheel purchase) and ZSHO linked an amazon listing for shraders @ $7 ea. No one was sure if they were legit or not, but they looked legit when they arrived and they programmed perfectly. I am still running them.

Edit: This is where the link from my order history takes me, https://www.amazon.com/Schrader-20315-Sensor-Snap-1-pack/dp/B003TLQ2NG/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Ford%7C54&Model=Taurus%7C697&Year=2015%7C2015&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive&vehicleId=5&vehicleType=automotive

They were $7.96 each and I bought 5 of them (4 for the car, one for the spare).
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

MiWiAu

Cool. I'm just keeping the ones I got from Rock. They work, and I'm done f-ing around with them. ;)

2013 XSport

ZSHO

Great to hear that everything finally worked out for ya,and Derfdog & MiWiAu you guys are much to kind to say the least,enjoy. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

'boot time!  Has been a maddening journey :P
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!