• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Installed my tune in my SHO!

Started by jbrown9999, December 29, 2016, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown9999

So, I purchased the X4 w/ tunes from Unleashed.  I kid you not, chose ground shipping and it showed up the next day!  Very impressed.

I didn't want to install a tune right before Christmas holiday, just in case, so I finally got my info to Torrie yesterday and he turned around a tune, crazy fast.  I installed it.

BTW, its very unnerving, because it says "turn the key"; "don't turn the key", "leave the car on"; and then everything goes black and I'm "crap, I so f'ed!"

Luckily, it all worked!  Did some high speed runs today, and I'm VERY impressed!  A lot more pull, firmer shift and it felt like it would pull forever!  Never faded and was responsive as hell!  Problem now is my bottom end is "RIGHT THERE" as soon as I touch the gas!  The only other upgrade is a K&N filter in the stock air box at this point.

I wanted to send a special thanks to Torrie at Unleashed and to this forum for showing me the way!
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Make sure you get a data log and send it to Torrie right away to check out, even if you are happy with it now. Both of my first 87 tunes (performance and tow) from Unleashed had no fueling, and I was running way too lean. Torrie got it straightened out, but I was hammering on it for several days before I realized I had an issue. Oops! :)

Welcome to the party. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

jbrown9999

Quick question about data logging; do I have to be doing a bunch of hard charging runs while logging to get an accurate information or can I log just doing my day to day driving?  I'd figure to get accurate numbers there would have to be at least some hard runs to accurate across the board information.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: jbrown9999 on December 30, 2016, 02:17:42 PM
Quick question about data logging; do I have to be doing a bunch of hard charging runs while logging to get an accurate information or can I log just doing my day to day driving?  I'd figure to get accurate numbers there would have to be at least some hard runs to accurate across the board information.
I prefer to log on highway entrance ramps, I have a couple loops I use during a normal day. Preferably after midnight.

I do a multi gear pull to the top of third and lock it into third and do a sweep through 3rd starting from about 1500 RPM.

You will need to have your tuner modify your paddle behavior to not downshift to do the third sweep successfully.

I have my x4 on the dash for gauges so that also allows me the hit the record button anytime an opportunity presents itself. Don't bother with a laptop, resolution is better and the process is less cumbersome using the x4 standalone.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6554.0.html

MiWiAu

Quote from: jbrown9999 on December 30, 2016, 02:17:42 PM

You will want to do a WOT run to evaluate under higher loads. Torrie was never very specific with me on how exactly to do the pulls for him, just "short WOT run". It is nice to log shifts under WOT, though, because you can generate additional KR that may not show up on a single gear pull.

Usually each tuner has their preferences on what/how to log.

Try to be consistent with how/where you do them for comparison in the future, and it's a good idea to do a spotting pass for po-po to reduce your risk of a speeding ticket. BE SAFE!

Also, ask Torrie to email you a config file. You can load that on your X4 and it will capture the channels he cares about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport