• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

20x10 mustang bullitt +45mm offset

Started by momogt, January 01, 2017, 08:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momogt

hello everyone new to the forums. anyway  have a 2013 Taurus limited I know its not a sho but I have these bullitt wheels I want to know if they would fit the rear of my car if so what tire size

momogt

the wheels were bought for my 2012 mustang gt but I am going a different rout so that's why I would like to know if they would fit my Taurus 20x8.5 for front +30mm offset 20x10 rear 45mm offset

ZSHO

Here's a good thread that will shed some light and looks like the 40 offset would be ideal and due setup an intro for yourself simply by following the link below,thanks.  Z   ....hopefully BPD1151 will chime in with his staggered setup.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5005.0.html..

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

bpd runs the same size wheels with a consistent 40 offset F/R.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

derfdog15

They should fit, but why put fat rear tires on a FWD car? Or is your limited AWD?
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

MiWiAu

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 02, 2017, 04:04:03 PM
They should fit, but why put fat rear tires on a FWD car? Or is your limited AWD?

Probably so they match the front ones. ;)

Looks like maybe OP had some extra wheels laying around that he liked better than the ones on his Taurus? I'm guessing an aesthetic choice vs performance.
2013 XSport

derfdog15

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 02, 2017, 04:08:04 PM
Quote from: derfdog15 on January 02, 2017, 04:04:03 PM

Probably so they match the front ones. ;)

Looks like maybe OP had some extra wheels laying around that he liked better than the ones on his Taurus? I'm guessing an aesthetic choice vs performance.

I get the extra wheels think, but from what I read (unless I mis read, drove 16 hours yesterday and just woke up) he said he has a set of staggered rims from a mustang, 20x8.5 +30mm fronts (which I KNOW will fit, and can run stock tire size). And 20x10 +40mm rear (should fit, not sure on tire size).

So he would run a slightly wider width (8.5) on the fronts, which is fine, but on the rears have a larger rim, which I agree would look good. However, if the limited is a FWD car, it will be purely aesthetic and may impact performance. I know you could get AWD as an option but no clue if it is on OP has.

As others said, BPD1151 runs a staggered set up without issue on his SHO, so he may have more insight or the few others that run staggered/wider wheels on the correct tire size.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

MiWiAu

I was being facetious and unhelpful. My apologies. I'm just being a post whore to get my post count up, so I can sell some stuff. LMAO

Good point on the AWD question, since if equipped, he'd want to match circumference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

derfdog15

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 02, 2017, 04:39:45 PM
I was being facetious and unhelpful. My apologies. I'm just being a post whore to get my post count up, so I can sell some stuff. LMAO

Good point on the AWD question, since if equipped, he'd want to match circumference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha all good, here's another you can reply to to help in that endeavor!

FearlessAZ

2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)