• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SYNC 3 Update from 1.0/1.1 to 2.2 for Android Auto / Apple Car Play

Started by tintruder, December 28, 2016, 11:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintruder

Here is a link to the files:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/11892-Update-Sync3-to-v2-2-for-navigation-and-non-navigation-units-AndroidAuto-and-AppleCarPlay-(download-links-inside)

It should work right away with Android.

Apple, however, apparently requires an updated USB Hub. Sold out at Ford according to sources, though Lincoln dealers may have one that works. ( GJ7Z-19A387-B from Tasca )

Huge long thread at F150 Forum on the subject...

http://www.f150forum.com/f118/sync-connect-carplay-update-341665/index119/

AJP turbo

I have sync 3 but not factory GPS....Would this allow me to use the google maps from my IPhone to the car screen?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Gjkrisa

Yes but you will need to download the non nav zip and get the new USB module that allows it for iPhone.
Damn apple for always changing there connector.
Nexus 6p works great!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Gjkrisa

I dislike that waz does not work and blocks the phone so can't open and view torque. :(
The system is still snappy after the very first couple minutes.

derfdog15

2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

ZSHO

Its never to late to add NAV to your Ecoboost and many dealers R doing it and always nice to have an option.  Z 
         ! No longer available

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

donky4444

Great news for those with Sync 3. Bummer for all of us My Ford Touch users.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

BlueSHO

Will it ever be updatable over WiFi??

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

AJP turbo

Quote from: Gjkrisa on December 29, 2016, 02:02:04 AM
Yes but you will need to download the non nav zip and get the new USB module that allows it for iPhone.
Damn apple for always changing there connector.
Nexus 6p works great!

Where do you get the usb module and download the zip from?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Gjkrisa

W/nav
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5V5mRFpg4MqT0VkOVdQaFNFUE0/view?usp=sharing

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/owner-package/715283556826568730/HN1T-14G381-LG.zip

Non/nav
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=IKl5&id=0ByldYbWwjAf4WUYyT2l0Zkl3S28

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/owner-package/5414554217520963151/HN1T-14G381-LG.zip

Ftp server with both:
ftp://ftp.macg467.com

Per f150 forum
GJ7Z-19A387-B white backlight
HC3Z-19A387-B blue backlight

GC3Z-19A387-C
GJ7T-14F014-AC

You can check with ford parts department they will know the right one.

I chatted with someone at tascaparts they said part numbers change everyday I couldnt find these but looked after chatting said they were back order till mid January
Looking at the part they have listed for the Taurus don't think its right since says
Control module 2013-16, to 12/06/2015.
Think looking for at least year 2016.

SHOdded

HC3Z-19A387-B this is the usb hub being used for carplay over on the Edge forum.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Called a dealer and they are clueless....i have usb ports to connect a phone or ipod for media

Is this hub something different and are you sure you can use google maps from the phone displayed on the sync screen?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Some nonsense about the USB in the car not being advanced enough

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a27784/all-2017-model-year-fords-will-have/
CarPlay is a bit tricker. Because CarPlay requires a more advanced USB module, iPhone owners will have to take their cars to a dealer for a hardware upgrade, according to Alan Hall, Ford's technology, research, and innovation communications manager.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 29, 2016, 04:16:35 PM
Called a dealer and they are clueless....i have usb ports to connect a phone or ipod for media

Is this hub something different and are you sure you can use google maps from the phone displayed on the sync screen?
Yes maps will display on the screen with carplay.
Did you talk with the parts department give them one of the modules.
Other forums they have tried ordering the part to then get a call later stating wrong part and that they knew what they then needed.

They should be able to see the part that's on the 2017's

The module has an encryption chip in it so its harder to get hacked into the phone.

Gjkrisa

Talked to Ford they said they don't have the module yet for Taurus says they are working in it.... Im thinking of buying the 2017 one and see if it works wonder if the Taurus uses the can network for USB module.