• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 sho sct tunning issues

Started by SHOurpp, December 27, 2016, 04:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOurpp

Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 02, 2017, 03:12:08 PM
Quote from: SHOurpp on January 01, 2017, 08:51:47 PM
here is the log - stock reading
exactly what i posted its right there /\
even the file says stock - we are beyond that now

your a great help and resource, but seem quick to judge

He is actually quite reformed at this point....

You should search his older responses...

Although I am sure if you keep poking the bear he will return to form in no time...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
[/quote]

i like him! im not poking him-
i called him first to tune for me- you know close to home - we spoke
i wanted alky - he didnt go that route- i respected it - i never called him anything  or spoke bad about him
duel 3 inch cat less down pipes
sct x4- as a scanner/logger only
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

AJP turbo

Your posts are hard to read sometimes....but doesn't seem like there is much difference to how your car runs stock or tuned...you also said bank 2 didnt read right when tuned.

All good id say try replacing that 02 that isnt reading and disconnecting those hardwired devices and see if that dtc comes back and logs look better
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Can you switch the 02 and see if the problem follows?

SHOurpp

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 02, 2017, 03:48:58 PM
Can you switch the 02 and see if the problem follows?
yes - im going to try this

so i get the right one:
the front 02 sensor ,the one that the wire is routed to the cooling fans shroud to lock in place-
is that bank 2 ?if so that is sensor one bank 2

since that side of the block(front of car) is shorter looking in from the passenger side of car view?im guessing it is but not sure.

3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

StealBlueSho

Bank one is in the back of engine bay and bank two is in the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOurpp

new sensor in bank 2 sensor 1- reading normal again

has anybody had  3 inch unleashed down pipes trouble?
the bank 2 pipe has the sensor very close if not almost touching the oil cooler and i thought it should have been moved over to clear when we installed but since it finally went i didn't think too much of it.
well somehow the sensor metal body was bent- not sure if we did it on install or motor mounts finished it off but f**king bent!

also
the bank 2 sensor 2 is rubbing the engine cover
i think this pipe (although well made) has fitment issues for both sensors

pis of my rant and clearance so you dont make the same mistake or if you need help choosing whos down pipes to buy
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

derfdog15

That sensor looks almost as bad as the wideband I installed incorrectly in my 03 mustang and took out on a driveway, except it was bent completely onto itself. One of my widebands has a slight dent in it, but does not cause issue thankfully.

Atleast no issue that I have seen.

As for the oil cooler location, you definitely want it to have ample clearance with regards to engine movement. To be honest, I would either have a new bung welded, or swap to a different brand of downpipe.

I wonder if the 3" downpipes even do much for you compared to a 2.5" PPE or Stainless Works? I think unleashed only sold a few sets and then stopped,

Here is a thread on them that I could find, seems others had a few issues as well: http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=4701.0
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

ZSHO

I happen to know a few members who have encountered rubbing/rattle issues against the oil cooler and probably explains why they are no longer available.  Z Great discussion below.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4291.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOurpp

if i monitor another issue the pipe will just get 2 re positioned bungs welded and 2 plugs in the old holes to correct fitment.which can be done on the car luckily.

- again they are really well made and welded: everything bolts up perfect-
im leaving (i could of over forced that s***) on the table till i can prove otherwise
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

SHOurpp

reset the kam
things look normal so far after a couple days-all o2s good
may try to flash car today

has anyone tried to pull a fuse/clip like the rs to make the car fwd so you can dyno?
from Cobb
https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PRS/Ford+Focus+RS+-+Dyno+Preparation
seems like it could work maybe
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOurpp on January 11, 2017, 02:25:35 PM

has anyone tried to pull a fuse/clip like the rs to make the car fwd so you can dyno?

My first time on a non-linked dyno, the tech had to pull fuses. He didn't put them all back when we were done.

Short answer is yes, it's possible, but IMO, you're better off finding a dyno with linked rollers, so you don't have to try to circumvent your onboard systems.

2013 XSport

StealBlueSho

Quote from: MiWiAu on January 11, 2017, 02:39:06 PM

My first time on a non-linked dyno, the tech had to pull fuses. He didn't put them all back when we were done.

Short answer is yes, it's possible, but IMO, you're better off finding a dyno with linked rollers, so you don't have to try to circumvent your onboard systems.

Yup, 100%!! There are only two linked dynos in my area, only one is a dynojet...and the wait list is FOREVER long.... that shows you how much better it is to use a linked dyno for AWD cars/trucks

derfdog15

Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 11, 2017, 03:45:41 PM

Yup, 100%!! There are only two linked dynos in my area, only one is a dynojet...and the wait list is FOREVER long.... that shows you how much better it is to use a linked dyno for AWD cars/trucks

Linked dyno all the way, DynoJet 424 Anyone?

The shop near me has almost no wait currently, IDK how, but I called monday and had dynotime for yesterday afternoon, no hassle. Lucky me I guess.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

StealBlueSho

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 11, 2017, 03:53:46 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 11, 2017, 03:45:41 PM

Linked dyno all the way, DynoJet 424 Anyone?

The shop near me has almost no wait currently, IDK how, but I called monday and had dynotime for yesterday afternoon, no hassle. Lucky me I guess.

Try living in Northern Virginia... common statement is "If you see a line just get in it, because by the time you ask what it's for, it's too late!"

Too many people....

SHOurpp

who else  is having trouble clearing  tunes from the x4?

go in to derive,
remove tune from device-
this action will delete-
press ok
then it says" error loading tune copy failed "and it still there.

wtf really? after the second lock up derive actually cleared them-but i still cant today

Please keep the discourse family friendly :) 

3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta