• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How much oil leak is normal?

Started by RainsFather, October 17, 2016, 08:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainsFather

At 10k miles I decided to have a look at the spark plugs. When pulling the pipe coming from the rear turbo I noticed quite a bit of oil in it. Since the rear turbo doesn't have any connection to the pcv system it has to be turbo oil seals leaking. I took my to the dealership and showed them all of this. They kept the car for over a week and then said it is perfectly normal. None of my previous turboed vehicles leaked "normally". Is this something it normal for these engines? If so, how does this not completely ruin the longevity of the engine? Any help would be appreciated.

SHOdded

Not normal.  New dealer needed.  Perhaps Lincoln dealer.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

What kind of vehicle? I don't see anything in your signature or an intro page.

How much oil is "quite a bit"? Is it pooled and dripping out, or was it a film? Was it the coolside intake or coolside outlet pipe where you noticed the oil? EDIT: Probably the outlet, since you said you removed it to access bank 1 plugs. Any sign of oil on the cool side inlet or is it all outlet side?

Are your BOV's still plumbed into the intake piping? I've seen pictures of the front BOV dripping oil, not sure if this is common on the rear. They can tend to recirculate oil that is already in the intake.

Are you using an oiled air filter (like K&N)?

SHOdded is probably right, I just like to over-analyze things. :)
2013 XSport

ZSHO

Definitely get a 2nd opinion as SHOdded mentioned above,and especially at 10k on her it shoudnt be leaking,best of luck and due setup an intro for yourself,thanks. Z
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|