• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Continental purchase

Started by Brucelinc, December 22, 2016, 09:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

I took delivery yesterday of the Continental that I ordered back in October.  It is a 3.0 AWD Reserve series with the climate and tech packages, Revel audio and 30 way massaging seats.  I had just returned from a test drive when I took the picture below so the car is dirty already from these sloppy Minnesota streets.

It is actually a bit quicker than I recall from earlier test drives.  With the 400 HP engine, you get a 3.39 axle and it really does jump off the line.  I haven't driven it very hard yet since it has no break-in miles but I think would hang with my tuned MKS for a short distance.

My plan is to get a tune after I drive it for 1000 miles or so.   The main thing that I would like is for the transmission to shift more quickly and firmly.  A tune can take care of that and any additional HP and torque will be icing on the cake.

I fully intend to take the car to the track a few times next summer and will likely be the only Continental running the quarter mile!

AJP turbo

She's a beaut...time to rip it up
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Congrats and truly love that color and best of luck,enjoy. Z :thumb: :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Goodbye MKS, hello Continental!  Congrats Bruce look fwd to seeing what you do with it!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mval

bruce:
she's a beaut that's for sure. is it a litttle darker red than your old one? also do you know how the curb weight compares to old one?
good luck with her!!!
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

FoMoCoSHO

Did you keep the MKS?

Congrats on your new ride, she's a beaut!

Brucelinc

Thanks guys.  I did not keep the MKS.  I would have liked to keep it and mod the holy hell out of it and take it to the track on a regular basis.  However, I couldn't swing than financially and since it was in such nice shape, I got pretty good money for it.  The Conti is Ruby Red and the MKS was Red Candy.  The Conti is a couple of shades darker. 

ecoboostsho

Looking Sharp Bruce!  Can't wait to see what she does at the strip!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

bamsho

Looks nice Bruce, I know you already had a plan.  Can't wait till spring when you hit the track with it.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Brucelinc

Quote from: mval on December 22, 2016, 12:24:10 PM
bruce:
she's a beaut that's for sure. is it a litttle darker red than your old one? also do you know how the curb weight compares to old one?
good luck with her!!!

The Lincoln site lists the weight of these at 4,224.  However, most recent road tests list a curb weight of around 4,500.   The magazines doing the tests usually have every option including the rear seat package (reclining and massaging rear seats, side window sunshades, etc.)  and the panoramic sunroof and those options would add quite a bit of weight.   

My guess is that mine will be within a few pounds of my MKS. 

scoles92

Sweet looking car Bruce!! Hopefully ill see it at BIR Wednesday night drags once this damn snow disappears!!
2011 ford Taurus SHO PP  unleashed tunes, 3 bar, plugs,K&N intake, stage 3 water meth.

Brucelinc

Quote from: scoles92 on December 22, 2016, 03:39:33 PM
Sweet looking car Bruce!! Hopefully ill see it at BIR Wednesday night drags once this damn snow disappears!!

Thanks!   Yes, I will see you in Brainerd in May!   

Gjkrisa

Nice definitely better looking then the mks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Gjkrisa on December 22, 2016, 10:14:34 PM
Nice definitely better looking then the mks

Stealth factor alone makes the MKS beautiful....

Gjkrisa

Sorry I don't find the  non sporty stealth look as appealing but my plan on my sho is to get ride of all sho labels outside the car and just put the Taurus fender badges on

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder