• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Porting maf

Started by avidmotion, December 20, 2016, 01:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

Is there any benefit from porting and polishing the MAF.? In my G8, this was an easy to do, though time consuming. But it did smooth out idle and improve flow into the throttle body. Not much porting besides grind down the hump and really a good polishing that smooth out flow. Any problems doing this to the SHO, or worth it!?
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

BOT_ROCKET

'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

jbrown9999

I'll skip that and ask if there is any benefit to looking at or modifying the actually intake manifold.  I know, generally, that in a pressurized intake that porting, etc has a dramatically less effect.

That being said, has anyone opened up the stock runners or is there an aftermarket intake for the Eco 3.5 TT?
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

derfdog15

To my knowledge the SHO is  MAP based system, so I see no gains porting a MAF housing (not sure we even have one)

For the intake manifold, I believe one or two people have played with porting, but it is not a major gain. Of course, with upgraded turbos, etc. it could offer more gains.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: jbrown9999 on December 20, 2016, 03:14:18 AM
I'll skip that and ask if there is any benefit to looking at or modifying the actually intake manifold.  I know, generally, that in a pressurized intake that porting, etc has a dramatically less effect.

That being said, has anyone opened up the stock runners or is there an aftermarket intake for the Eco 3.5 TT?

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/