• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AJPTurbo boost regulator mod with EcoPowerParts charge pipes

Started by derfdog15, December 17, 2016, 07:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 29, 2016, 06:53:05 PM
Post any of my logs any time
This... This is what we need more of from our tuners and vendors.. it sure would help a lot of people.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 29, 2016, 07:24:19 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on December 29, 2016, 06:53:05 PM
Post any of my logs any time
This... This is what we need more of from our tuners and vendors.. it sure would help a lot of people.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
:D

derfdog15

The car pulls like a raped ape, or maybe even worse than that (I can't think of anything that sounds worse but my god, THE CAR PULLS!!!!).

I have never broken traction on up shift in warm weather until today. Repeatedy....

I will get some logs and post them up

Quote from: MiWiAu on December 29, 2016, 08:09:40 AM
Quote from: derfdog15 on December 29, 2016, 07:55:39 AM
He sent me the modified tune, we are also trying to shut off the Electronic BOVs, so I can fully remove them from the car, so a little testing will be needed.

Is it a CEL that prevents full removal of the OE BOVs or are there other functional issues? If they can't be turned off, maybe a jumper like this would work (or could be made) to allow removal?

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/Kompact-Series-BOV-BPV-Spares-Accessories/BOV-CEL-Plug-Ford-Mustang-Fiesta-EcoBoost.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking maybe a CEL, not super sure, but everyone that had done it before left the OEM BOVs plugged in, and zip tied out of the way. No actual air into them, but electronically still there. However, I did not see any DTC or other indication of an issue, with both BOV completely removed and the tune that was sent my way! Hopefully this can be ported over for others so that the OEM BOVs don't have to sit in the engine bay looking ugly.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

AJP turbo

Ive never seen an ape getting raped but I imagine its not good and the ape that is getting raped is quite upset
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

You should post some pics of the engine and bov delete....

So if you have hot pipes from epp you leave them hooked up to the harness and cap them?..why cap them? They would just pulse as if they were hooked up..they dont know they aren't  hooked up?

Zsho you have them tucked away in your bay?

Derf you need an exhaust video...i really want to hear your combo...startup amd revs
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

derfdog15

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 29, 2016, 09:15:31 PM
Ive never seen an ape getting raped but I imagine its not good and the ape that is getting raped is quite upset

I imagine not, but it seems the norm these days is to reference something amazing as something awful.

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 29, 2016, 09:24:23 PM
You should post some pics of the engine and bov delete....

So if you have hot pipes from epp you leave them hooked up to the harness and cap them?..why cap them? They would just pulse as if they were hooked up..they dont know they aren't  hooked up?

Zsho you have them tucked away in your bay?

Derf you need an exhaust video...i really want to hear your combo...startup amd revs

Attached a few pictures and can take a few more once I am home, instead of at my parents place. I'll try and get an exaust video/videos as well in the next few days.

I believe it will look the same as most with the bovs disconnected as they hide it under the cover. But with the cover off it looks a lot cleaner.

First 2 pics are of the engine bay complete, I forgot to clip on of the stock bank one sensor wires to its wire clip so I had to wait for the engine bay to cool down enough. Second two are completed bov and wastegate. Last two are the silicon coupler from intercooler to the front turbo that is included in the hot pipe kit instead of aluminum pipe. It was a change I wasn't expecting but I really like it. Honestly that one pipe/piece was the worst one.

2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

ZSHO

I have my rear BOV connected only and is snug as a bug with NO DTC'S.
I imagine and its proven it will set off a DTC sooner than later if both are left un-plugged,pic's below of rear bov zip-tied next to the purge valve. Z
Big Thanks once again to Mike.B from www.ecopowerparts.com
                                    Happy & Healthy 2017.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

derfdog15

Thanks Z. I have a ~1000 mile trip back home on sunday. I will definitely know by the end of that if a DTC is going to be set or not. I will have my stock pipes in my trunk, as well as zipties and my travel tool box so if a DTC does pop up I'll take care of it. I honestly don't expect one though.

derfdog15

Here are a few more pics for anyone interested.

MiWiAu

Nice install! Curious to hear about your BOV code (or lack thereof) after your return trip.

2013 XSport

derfdog15

Quote from: MiWiAu on December 31, 2016, 12:09:37 PM
Nice install! Curious to hear about your BOV code (or lack thereof) after your return trip.

Ill update during/after the trip but I honestly do not expect a code. However, it could happen. I have driven around town a little bit with no codes as of yet. I got on it a bit on the way to the autoparts store with my dad, and he told me to watch my right foot or I would be getting a ticket in the SHO pretty soon (I think he was jealous how it compares to his '11 F150 Ecoboost haha!).

ZSHO

Have a safe and prosperous trip home and due report back with any initial findings. Z :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on December 31, 2016, 01:47:21 PM
Have a safe and prosperous trip home and due report back with any initial findings. Z :)
X2
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

derfdog15

For anyone interested, I have absolutely no DTC codes. After driving the car 1100 or so miles from sunny 81 degree florida to 30 degree indiana, through rain and obnoxious traffic at points, I believe we can say that the OE BOVs can be successfully removed.

MiWiAu

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 02, 2017, 04:06:37 PM
For anyone interested, I have absolutely no DTC codes. After driving the car 1100 or so miles from sunny 81 degree florida to 30 degree indiana, through rain and obnoxious traffic at points, I believe we can say that the OE BOVs can be successfully removed.

Nicely done, guys! :)

2013 XSport