• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

And shutdown logging?

Started by Gjkrisa, December 14, 2016, 11:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Hi does any one know what I can log to see what causes the AWD to shut off during sliding in the snow.
This is all I have for the first and only time it shutdown today. After this I just kept the rpms a little lower I was targeting third gear mostly in this but after targeted 2nd gear and didn't have the AWD shut down.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Gjkrisa

Here is what I had for the AWD not shutting down maybe with temps higher also helped.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Gjkrisa on December 14, 2016, 11:42:09 AM
Hi does any one know what I can log to see what causes the AWD to shut off during sliding in the snow.
This is all I have for the first and only time it shutdown today. After this I just kept the rpms a little lower I was targeting third gear mostly in this but after targeted 2nd gear and didn't have the AWD shut down.

Quote from: Gjkrisa on December 14, 2016, 11:46:00 AM
Here is what I had for the AWD not shutting down maybe with temps higher also helped.

Gray Brick

I am interested as well.
My Flex goes all front wheel drive after a long drive.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

66 Galaxie

Is your temp reading in F or C?
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

66 Galaxie

'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

Gjkrisa

Quote from: 66 Galaxie on December 14, 2016, 05:02:10 PM

Is your temp reading in F or C?
All my temps are f as far as I know

MiWiAu

Perhaps "Torque Source"?

I found this on the SVT Performance forum. Perhaps AJP Turbo can comment on the accuracy of these for other Fords. 4 matches up with a rev limiter issue I was having, so maybe it's the same for all Fords??

TQ_SOURCE Identifies the source of the torque reduction requestor

0 No Torque Reduction Requested (Torque Control Off)
1 Torque truncation, transmission
2 Traction Control
3 Vehicle Speed Limiter
4 Engine Speed Limiter
5 Tip-in shock Control
6 Tip-out Decel Control
7 Torque Shift Modulation, transmission
8 Engine Oil Temperature Control
9 Fail Safe Cooling Control
11 Turbo Charger
12 Passive Anti Theft system (PATS)
13 Tip in Torque Control

TQ_SOURCE Source of torque reduction:

0 Driver Demand
1 Transmission torque truncation
2 Traction Control
3 Vehicle Speed Limiting
4 Engine Speed Limiting
5 Tipin rate limiting
6 Tipout torque
7 Transmission Shift Modulation
8 Engine Oil Over temperature
9 Target N
10 Not Used
11 ETC FMEM - RPM Guard
12 PATS
13 OSCMOD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

FoMoCoSHO

You can also find that list in the tools tab in livelink.

Gjkrisa

I dont have a sct programmer yet is there a way to view torque source in torque?

MiWiAu

Quote from: Gjkrisa on December 14, 2016, 07:23:57 PM
I dont have a sct programmer yet is there a way to view torque source in torque?

I'm not a Torque user, so hopefully someone else can advise.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 14, 2016, 07:12:31 PM
You can also find that list in the tools tab in livelink.

Sweet, thanks! I had no idea! I'll have to see what other goodies are listed in there. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

ecoboostsho

For anyone that does use Torque...

Back when I was experimenting with PIDs I was able to find one related to Torque "Source" reduction.  The PID I believe was 2203AF on my 2011 but I never really did anything with it so I don't honestly know if it is valid or not.  I would speculate the formula would be the standard...

Equation: (256*A)+B

You would need to create a custom PID and see if you get the values as listed above and if they roughly corresponded.  Alternatively you could break out FORSCAN and use that to see if they have it readily available and already decoded.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Gjkrisa

Interesting I've got this from forscan

SHOdded

Well whaddya know!  Interesting list.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

So now how do I find out what pid they used ... I'm able to graph it and save  graph I didn't do anything except drive home and make the card slid some tried to rack the speed to 100 but as soon as car made it to 30mph car said no. Damn smart cars .

My phone let me put the logs in :(