• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2015 SHO Tuning Options

Started by hitchc21, February 08, 2017, 01:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitchc21

Hey guys I'm new here and would like to tune my 2015 SHO. I read through previous threads looking for an answer to my questions and I didn't find any. So here it goes, I'm not looking for anything too crazy the car is my dd so I'd like to keep it reliable I'm thinking just tuning and adding an air intake, possibly an exhaust.  I was looking at packages from Stage3Motorsports with the SCT programmer but it sounds like Unleashed and LMS are the most commonly used here. What are my best options for this?

Thanks in advance

-Brennen

AJP turbo

I would save money and simply use a drop in K&N filter. And I would only buy an exhaust if you would like to change the sound....Downpipes offer a real performance gain.

I would not call thermostats and spark plugs essential pieces....And a normal 2 bar map sensor tune if done correctly can offer 90% of the gains that a 3 bar map sensor tune can offer.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: hitchc21 on February 08, 2017, 01:41:10 PM
Hey guys I'm new here and would like to tune my 2015 SHO. I read through previous threads looking for an answer to my questions and I didn't find any. So here it goes, I'm not looking for anything too crazy the car is my dd so I'd like to keep it reliable I'm thinking just tuning and adding an air intake, possibly an exhaust.  I was looking at packages from Stage3Motorsports with the SCT programmer but it sounds like Unleashed and LMS are the most commonly used here. What are my best options for this?

Thanks in advance

-Brennen

I would say support our local forum tuner AJPTurbo. He has helped a ton of people on this forum, extremely knowledgeable, and keeps you in the loop on everything he does in his tune for your car. He has dyno sheets showing more torque than the other tuners. He also happens to be a SCT dealer as well, so you can get the gear from him as well.

Everyone has their favorite tuner, and there isn't realllly a bad choice.

That being said I have been tuned by LMS, Unleashed, and AJPTurbo... and of the three I would recommend based on my experience AJPTurbo hands down.

I second the K&N drop in, best results so far. Exhaust is more for tone unless you start removing cats.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glock-coma

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 08, 2017, 01:54:19 PM
I would save money and simply use a drop in K&N filter. And I would only buy an exhaust if you would like to change the sound....Downpipes offer a real performance gain.

I would not call thermostats and spark plugs essential pieces....And a normal 2 bar map sensor tune if done correctly can offer 90% of the gains that a 3 bar map sensor tune can offer.
Yup. Hit the nail on the head here.
I'm running AJPTURBO tune with 2 bar map, kn panel and stock exhaust. 
It's my DD and runs 12.8 all day long.
I'm sure there's a lot more left in her but I'm happy. 
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

Welcome aboard Brennan and due setup an intro for yourself simply by following the below link,thanks . Z
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Back on topic Z...OP was asking about tuning

He may want to remain anonymous
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 08, 2017, 04:07:47 PM

Really, AJ???  No need to step on the moderator's toes when they are doing their job.  Thank you.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 08, 2017, 04:07:47 PM

AJP(Brad)What seems to be the issue? Z :nono: 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Scott4957

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 08, 2017, 02:12:49 PM
Quote from: hitchc21 on February 08, 2017, 01:41:10 PM

Thanks in advance

-Brennen

I would say support our local forum tuner AJPTurbo. He has helped a ton of people on this forum, extremely knowledgeable, and keeps you in the loop on everything he does in his tune for your car. He has dyno sheets showing more torque than the other tuners. He also happens to be a SCT dealer as well, so you can get the gear from him as well.

Everyone has their favorite tuner, and there isn't realllly a bad choice.

That being said I have been tuned by LMS, Unleashed, and AJPTurbo... and of the three I would recommend based on my experience AJPTurbo hands down.

I second the K&N drop in, best results so far. Exhaust is more for tone unless you start removing cats.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 you won't be disappointed.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

Linemonkey

I went with AJPTurbo and couldn't be happier. I have a drop in K&N, a 3 bar map and with his tune, it'll "git like a scalded dog". I know it was tuned with safety in mind, so I wouldn't hesitate if I were you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP