• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Grille mounting questions

Started by Colorado-SHOBro, December 21, 2016, 04:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

for those of you that have had the grille out of your car or replaced . . how much do the 2 mounting tabs at the bottom do? are they pretty vital in securing the grill to the bumper or can it be mounted without them?
I might purchase this grill but it has the tabs broken off of it. Wondering if it could be an easy fix and function properly or if it's trash without the tabs.
opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

derfdog15

My recolectioin from when my grill was removed, The surround is mounted with multiple plastic tabs with screw inserts to open them up. The clips allow for a snug fit. I believe you should be O.K, just slightly more loose at the bottom. However, it should be fine. You could always JB-weld/plastic weld some new tabs on, or zip tie worst case scenario. I say buy cheap and go for it.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

Colorado-SHOBro

that's what i'm thinking. even some thin double sided tape on the bottom side might do it. nobody wants a loose fit though

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

derfdog15

Quote from: 8nutz8 on December 21, 2016, 04:41:19 PM
that's what i'm thinking. even some thin double sided tape on the bottom side might do it. nobody wants a loose fit though

My Man!

Any chance you could take yours off your car and do a test fit before purchase? It's a solid 30 minute removal at most, and would solidify if fit will work properly or not!
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

jbrown9999

Quote from: 8nutz8 on December 21, 2016, 04:41:19 PM

Thats what I was going to suggest, VHB clear tape.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

Colorado-SHOBro

no i'm having it shipped. i may take the bumper off to see how much those tabs help hold it on though.

this is the 2nd yard i had pull a grille and told them the bumper needs to be removed to get the grille out. both got back to me after removal and said these tabs were broke🤡

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Colorado-SHOBro

scored the one pictured for $60 shipped. i'll probably wait til warm weather to install and do it at the same time i service the trans and install the PI trans cooler on the spring

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.