• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0L tunes are available NOW!

Started by Livernois Motorsports, December 13, 2016, 04:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livernois Motorsports

2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0L tunes are available NOW!

We've combined our extensive tuning experience, support, and world records to bring you the 93 octane performance tune for you 2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0L. We've gained +53whp and +26wtq over the stock 334 whp and 392wtq. Our adaptive tune progressively changes with the vehicles stock sport mode as well. It carry's over the vehicles changes in sport mode while adding the Livernois Motorsports 93 tune on top. You will find added pedal response/feel, harder transmission shifts, and over all better drive ability.

Stock: 334whp - 392wtq
Livernois Motorsports 93 Performance Tune: 387whp - 418wtq

Get yours here - http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631146

Contact us for more details!
(313) 561-5500
info@livernoismotorsports.com

staged_sho

Really interested in what it will run at the dragstrip.
Current:  2016 Charger RT Scat Pack

Previous:  2011 SHO, LME 4+X, 3 bar, 170° TStat, Intake, Corsa

Livernois Motorsports

So are we! Unfortunately snow makes it kind of hard to lay down a good 60ft!

Brucelinc

Good news.  I am amazed at the wheel torque when stock.  Since the Continental uses the same engine and transmission, will this tune be applicable to the Continental 3.0?

Livernois Motorsports

There may be some different intricacies when tuning but we expect the numbers to be very similar for the initial tunes.

14SHOCAR

Couple of questions:

1. Does the tune require a 3 bar? Does the car already come with a 3 bar?
2. Do we need to re-gap the plugs for the tune again?
3. What other mods were on the test car?

18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on December 14, 2016, 12:04:15 PM
Couple of questions:

1. Does the tune require a 3 bar? Does the car already come with a 3 bar?
2. Do we need to re-gap the plugs for the tune again?
3. What other mods were on the test car?

This was PURELY a stock vehicle.
No further mods.
Future tunes may require plug gaps or other modifications but as of the current time this is a tune done on a stock vehicle.

Brucelinc

Quote from: staged_sho on December 13, 2016, 04:26:41 PM
Really interested in what it will run at the dragstrip.

Me too!  I have test driven a number of these and Continentals with the 3.0.  It seems that they have built a LOT of torque management into these to make the shifts ultra smooth.   I think Livernois does a nice job of reducing the torque management and improving shift firmness.  It would not surprise me if those changes along with the engine calibrations could make the MKZ a mid 12 car.  This tune is just their 1st version so there could be more on the table.  Just my 2 cents....

Brucelinc

I presume the tune is 93 octane only, correct?  Not that I particularly need it but do you plan on a 91 octane version at some point if someone is traveling to an area without 93?

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: Brucelinc on December 15, 2016, 09:55:40 AM
I presume the tune is 93 octane only, correct?  Not that I particularly need it but do you plan on a 91 octane version at some point if someone is traveling to an area without 93?

This is infact the 93 tune for these vehicles. I am sure that with further testing and the more of these that we see come through we will be able to tune for other octane levels as well.