• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2017 Winter Autocross at Road America (Elkhart Lake, WI)

Started by MiWiAu, December 08, 2016, 10:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

Quote from: AJP turbo on February 11, 2017, 07:45:40 PM
Nice job with that urban assault vehicle .....must be the tune  ;D

It definitely helped, thanks!! Unlike the skating rink we were driving on in round 1, I was actually able to hook up and get some traction. The AJP 93 performance tune and boost regulator ran flawlessly! The corner workers were commenting on how awesome all the sounds are from my truck lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

MiWiAu

Final round is this Saturday, 3/11!

Should be dry (hopefully) for some elevated speeds!

2013 XSport

MiWiAu

Well it was cold (15-20*F) and dry yesterday. The XSport definitely fell further behind the little go carts on the auto-x track now that the snow and ice are gone, but it was still a blast.

On one run, I got a TMS fault and lost power steering. That was a little unnerving coming into one of the tightest corners on the track at a relatively high rate of speed. A key cycle and a short drive reset everything back to normal, and I didn't have any more issues the rest of the day.

I'll post up the final results when they're available, but in the meantime, here are a couple iPhone videos a buddy of mine took:

SPEED STOP
https://youtu.be/o8OGd9zs_Z0

AUTOCROSS
https://youtu.be/b0PUro0Pf40

2013 XSport

AJP turbo

Kick ass...i actually enjoyed those videos...nice driving and way to beat on the car...you had winter tires on?...i hate beating up my winter treads tho when i have them on
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

MiWiAu

Quote from: AJP turbo on March 12, 2017, 10:57:49 AM
Kick ass...i actually enjoyed those videos...nice driving and way to beat on the car...you had winter tires on?...i hate beating up my winter treads tho when i have them on

Thanks, Brad. :)

I swapped over my all seasons on Friday night. We had a mix of snow/ice/slush in the Feb event and I really tore up the winters. I don't think the Blizzaks would have provided me any benefits yesterday, and they probably would have been completely trashed. LOL

On a side note, there were two cars that rolled tires off their rims, presumably because they didn't check their tire pressures. One guy had a bulge in his sidewall on his front right, which takes a ton of load at the turn-around on the speed stop. He let some pressure out to provide some "relief". SMH

2013 XSport

glock-coma

looks like a great time. 
Way to rep the EB community
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)