• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

The SHO MUST go on! New Car!!

Started by 14SHOCAR, December 08, 2016, 10:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 12, 2016, 12:46:09 AM
Guess I need to research my current events lol....How did I miss that? I watch motorweek every week lol

It's ok -- you're allowed to be wrong once a year. :)
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

Brucelinc

On Livernois' Facebook page, they are showing a 52 whp and 26 lbs/ft gain with their MKZ 3.0 tune. 

14SHOCAR

Quote from: Brucelinc on December 12, 2016, 01:20:03 PM
On Livernois' Facebook page, they are showing a 52 whp and 26 lbs/ft gain with their MKZ 3.0 tune.

I was once told that LMS electronically locks the car into a gear to measure the HP/TQ. I'd be curious what gear they were testing in. The Dyno wasn't going fast enough to be top gear.

I didn't have the best experience with my LMS tune, so I may wait until other alternatives come to market.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

Brucelinc

SCT told me that they would have support for the 3.0 shortly after the first of the year.  I talked with Torrie about it months ago and he was anxious to tune a 3.0 as soon as it was supported by SCT.   I am sure there will be other options as well.

14SHOCAR

Quote from: Brucelinc on December 12, 2016, 02:53:54 PM
SCT told me that they would have support for the 3.0 shortly after the first of the year.  I talked with Torrie about it months ago and he was anxious to tune a 3.0 as soon as it was supported by SCT.   I am sure there will be other options as well.

I'm hoping so! The car is pretty quick as is -- 0-60 4.8 is pretty impressive. As I said before its interesting to see how the tuning goes.

The 3.0TT is VERY much FWD until you get past 30-40% throttle. You can watch it on the intelligent AWD monitor. It explains a lot about how my SHO was having a lot of rough slow shifts. Specifically downshifting was a little rough at times.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

AJP turbo

Does the Lincoln also use the 6f55?

Shocar if you can get the strategy PM me....i had ticket put in at sct for another mkz and have had access to it for awhile now....i wouldnt be surprised if your strategy is already available

If i had your strategy i could check my software and see...if the strategy is available its tuneable
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

derfdog15

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 12, 2016, 03:35:03 PM

Shocar if you can get the strategy PM me....i had ticket put in at sct for another mkz and have had access to it for awhile now....i wouldnt be surprised if your strategy is already available

If i had your strategy i could check my software and see...if the strategy is available its tuneable

I'll be excited to see what comes of a 3.0 with an AJP tune. Keep us posted!
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

14SHOCAR

UGH I just shipped out the Livernois tuner to someone else, or I would have checked the strategy code. For lack of buying a SCT tuner, is there another way I can get my strategy?
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

derfdog15

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on December 14, 2016, 11:56:33 AM

UGH I just shipped out the Livernois tuner to someone else, or I would have checked the strategy code. For lack of buying a SCT tuner, is there another way I can get my strategy?

Not sure if you have engineering mode, but if so that will tell you the strategy code as well.

On an '11 explorer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkoUOAFC3aM
'13 SHO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur2NSyQvmuY
F150: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEBLz3n3-oo
'11+ Mustang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiJHVvKLHq4
'15 F150: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVjgHeiEC-0
'13+ SHO: http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6955.msg106800.html#msg106800

Hope that helps a bit
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

markssho

I went and drove one today. It was a loaded Reserve model, sticker was $60k.
Gunmetal grey, Ebony interior with white piping, and carbon fiber trim. What a beauty!
Very quite ride, very smooth ride. Stomping on the gas from a light reminded me of the same acceleration as my tuned SHO. It clawed the pavement for traction as the tires chirped.
Dealer offered out the door price of $59k with 0%..... Whew...

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC