• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Drilled & tapped PTU Warranty Void?

Started by polskifacet, February 27, 2017, 04:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polskifacet

Hey guys,
Some of you have seen that the output flange on my ptu loosened causing a slight gear whine at WOT from a dig sometimes, and that was going on for a good year as it didn't get worse so I didn't think much of it. Just recently it started leaking so I found the culprit. Got it all put back together, had to buy a new seal and new output flange. Eyeballed the bearing pre-load. I no longer have the whine at WOT from a dig but I am paying more attention to noises and hear something that sounds like gear related whine while keeping speed around 50 mph to about 55. Getting prepared for the worse (change PTU) and have CPO warranty. Do you guys thing dealer will void warranty due to it being modified? My feeling is "bend over buddy".
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

SHOme

2014 SHO, PP 3 bar, 160 T Stat, Livernois v10 Tune, UPR catch can. MDesign CAI

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

If you had the cpo warranty why didn't you let them deal with the seal and output flange? They may have just replaced the entire unit then.
When you were explaining the details of your repair before I just assumed you didn't have a warranty.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

polskifacet

Since its tapped and if warranty gets denied, I am responsible for hours etc for diagnosing the unit. Much more than what I paid out of pocket. When they had to do a tear down of the motor, I had to sign for $2400 if the warranty got denied in tear down and re-assembly cost or $1200 for my car with no motor in it and the motor disassembled on a pallet with boxes of parts.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs