• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

The SHO MUST go on! New Car!!

Started by 14SHOCAR, December 08, 2016, 10:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

Well, bittersweet day, I parted ways with my 2014 SHO for a new adventure in tuning!

Say hello to my 2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 3.0T (GTDI)... dyno video to come soon!

18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

14SHOCAR

Initial thoughts --
1. This thing is QUICK out of the factory. I'm betting that it is faster than my SHO LMS v10 tune.
2. The Apple Car Play is an awesome feature, but I need to figure out how to make it go away when I want to use my Nav instead.
3. I didn't go with the revel audio option, and I've already regretted it in 24 Hours of owning the car. (plans for a sub + amp already). I love music, the SHO hands down has a better system versus the stock MKZ system. ($1700 is a lot to stomach for a new system)
4. The ride quality is AMAZING with the active damping. I actually ride the car in Comfort mode. When I put it into sport, it automatically and instantly stiffens the ride.
5. The active noise cancellation is pretty sweet too. The drive is, in fact, quiet. It fully embraces the quiet luxury.
6. The car has an intelligent AWD monitoring system. It actually maps out what wheel is getting power. It revealed what we have been saying about the Ford AWD systems. These cars are almost 100% FWD in low RPMs. When you punch it, the Power goes to the rear. This is different than European cars (BMW, AUDI), where the power is primarily the REAR, and include the front in full acceleration.

Very interesting stuff. I'll have a few videos made when I have a few moments to get around to it.

15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SHOdded

Beautiful ride!  Looking forward to your experiences and mods.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Brucelinc

Congratulations!  Beautiful car.  I see on Livernois' Facebook page that they have one on the dyno and will have tunes available soon.  Can't wait to see what that 3.0 can do.  The transmission improvements with a tune will be as important as the engine calibrations in my opinion.

Ryan02Stang

2015 Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, Unleashed
2002 Mustang GT, Vortech Supercharged

J-Will

Nice man
Reminds me of a jag.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

Linemonkey

That is one slick looking ride

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

DerricksSho

very beautiful car.. are you going to jump right into mods or wait a while?
BrewCityBoost tuned,3 Bar, LMS thermostat
CAI M-Design upgraded stock turbo's
LMS down pipes (Catless) 3" Custom exhaust
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!

68_GT

Looks sharp like an Audi / Jag love child.

Is it a 3.0 TT AWD ?

2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

14SHOCAR

Hey all -- Thanks for the positive feedback on the car! I'll do my best to answer all questions:

Quote from: 68_GT on December 09, 2016, 11:45:10 PM
Is it a 3.0 TT AWD ?

Yeah -- It's the 3.0TT AWD. I'll be doing videos on the car. The 3.0TT FWD #1 is detuned to 350HP -- and it needed it. I was skating around the road with 350 to the front wheels.

Quote from: DerricksSho on December 09, 2016, 10:46:57 PM
very beautiful car.. are you going to jump right into mods or wait a while?

Not sure yet. I am slightly burned out from the issues I was having with LMS. I may wait until another vendor has a tune. The car is QUICK -- and the AWD systems interacts way differently than the SHO. I actually enjoy the soft shifts until I put it in sport. I almost wish there was a tune for soft driving in D, and Beast mode in S.

I took pictures of a Jag this weekend, and my car this weekend and the resemblance is unmistakable. They were targeting Jaguar -- not surprising given Ford was heavily involved with Jaguars for a while. Video eventually to come.

14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

AJP turbo

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

BOT_ROCKET

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on December 11, 2016, 11:30:12 PM
Not sure yet. I am slightly burned out from the issues I was having with LMS. I may wait until another vendor has a tune. The car is QUICK -- and the AWD systems interacts way differently than the SHO. I actually enjoy the soft shifts until I put it in sport. I almost wish there was a tune for soft driving in D, and Beast mode in S.

I took pictures of a Jag this weekend, and my car this weekend and the resemblance is unmistakable. They were targeting Jaguar -- not surprising given Ford was heavily involved with Jaguars for a while. Video eventually to come.

I know a guy that's gonna have the 2.7TT Fusion mastered like a boss pretty soon, so the MKZ should be a cake walk. ;)

We should get all the MKZs and Fusion Sports together to have a Jaguar/Aston Marten wannabe parade. :p
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

FoMoCoSHO

AJP turbo

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 12, 2016, 12:30:48 AM
Quote from: AJP turbo on December 11, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
I thought ford owned jag?
They sold Jag off a while ago

Guess I need to research my current events lol....How did I miss that? I watch motorweek every week lol

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress